Respected Contributor

Any Recommendations for A Good Vitamin Company

I am looking for a B-12 500 mcq vitamin recommended by my Doctor and a Zinc supplement which is recommended by several Doctors to take due to the Covid. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Any Recommendations for A Good Vitamin Company

[ Edited ]

Vitacost.  Their house brand is less expensive and the products are made in America.  You can save even more by setting up an auto ship subscription.

Amazon has some good options too as well as subscription offers with discounts on many items. 

You just have to get to online and do your research to compare products and prices. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bronson is another good one. And of course Andrew Lessman has a good reputation as well.

Esteemed Contributor

The bulk of my supplements come from Vitacost.  Fast delivery and great customer service.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Ask your pharmacist.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nature Made. Trusted brand, USP certified with consistent ingredients and easy to find at fair prices.

Both B12 and zinc supplements are best taken in lozenge form, especially the zinc where that one needs to coat the oral passage in order for the zinc to inhibit virus. Zinc doesn't work that way in the gut. B12 is best absorbed under the tongue as a 'sublingual' tablet or lozenge. That is to avoid any stomach issues which might prevent it from getting absorbed in the gut.

Respected Contributor

I am a big fan of Andrew Lessman's line.  Pricing is great, shipping is fast, no stomach upset with any of his products.  You can get either on The Q or HSN.  Currently taking his Calcium, Womens Wellness, Immune Factor, and Omega.  Very pleased.  Check out his line, I think you'll like it.

Respected Contributor

ONLY ONE in my book...   ANDREW LESSMAN.  Trust his quality, integrity and sourcing.  See recent posts on Andrew Lessman vits.  I've been taking for over 30 years.  EXCEPTIONAL.

Respected Contributor

@cuddlesmama , I wrote this on a different thread, but my advice remains the same.  I highly recommend joining Consumer Labs to get their recommendations.  It's not cheap, but it has saved me SO much money concerning supplements.  I've more than gotten my money back for the joining cost by going with their recommendations.  Consumer Lab tests for efficacy, that the supplements contain what they say they contain as well as the amount, best time of day to take them, etc. In addition, they give explanations as to why they chose their recommended products, why they did not, and explain what each supplement does as well as any interactions with other supplements.  They also give best buys for each supplement--the best product for the least amount of money.  Well worth the investment to join Consumer Labs!  My husband has to take B12 per his doctor's advice, and I went right to CL to see what they recommended.  Found a supplement that was inexpensive and proven to work.  Same with my D3 supplement and many others!

Trusted Contributor

Andrew Lessman!