Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any First Hand Experiences with Stitches (Sutures)?

On 2/24/2015 rac71 said: I had a lentil-sized benign tumor removed from my leg his summer. Had stitches for 8 weeks. My scar was slightly puckered and more divot-y with some puckering. Although a circle of skin had been removed, the scar had more of a rectangular look. It is slowly fading. I used Mederma and Mederma PM for a while, but the scar doesn't bother me and I have other skin treatments that ultimately are better for my leg. The scar has gotten smaller and is looks more like a slightly reddened depression. If you want to treat the scar, check with your pharmacist, or even call the makers of Mederma to see if it is safe for the eye area. I've had sutures several times for benign dermal issues, including an oral tumor, but none were dissolvable or on my face. Eyelid skin is far thinner and more fragile.

rac, I have no scars at all!

That was the benefit of going to an eyelid surgeon who is also a plastic surgeon {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

Glad everything is better!! You know I enjoy you!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/27/2015 colliegirls said:

((( colliegirls )))

Likewise!

This whole situation was due to a mascara I wore back in the summer! I wore MAC Zoom for a few hours, got a stye weeks later, the stye turned into a chalazion which I had removed in September, and I'm still paying for it.

sigh...vanity!

How are you doing?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/27/2015 HonnyBrown said:
On 2/27/2015 colliegirls said:

((( colliegirls )))

Likewise!

This whole situation was due to a mascara I wore back in the summer! I wore MAC Zoom for a few hours, got a stye weeks later, the stye turned into a chalazion which I had removed in September, and I'm still paying for it.

sigh...vanity!

How are you doing?

Wow, all that from mascara! So scary, glad it wasn't worse!

Just trying to stay warm!! Thanks!!