Esteemed Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Please think twice about taking a medication that would impair your ability to function (as in "knock me out") when getting on an airplane. Do you really want to be in that state if something were to happen and you have to evacuate the aircraft? Unless your flight is long enough for you to take it well after take off and have it wear off well prior to arrival, please consider another way to deal with any anxiety that flying may cause you. I'm a very frequent flyer and I don't take any kind of sedating medication while flying, nor do I drink alcohol. I want to have my wits about me! 

Sometimes the benefits of the drug outweigh the risks. Its not often a plane has to be evacuated......

Esteemed Contributor

@bananacreampie wrote:

Anxiety medication!  Looking for advice on Lorazepam (.5 mg) and it’s effects prior to flying?  Thank you in advance!

That's a very low does. Ativan is milder than Xanax, you should be fine. You won't get addicted from using it for flying. 

Honored Contributor

Guess @bananacreampie @a good flight or something tragic happened. Anyone seen her around?

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Occasional Contributor

Hi dear.. thank you for thinking of me... my trip isn’t until the end of March!!!  Will keep you updated.  Have a fabulous evening.

Honored Contributor

@bananacreampie wrote:

Hi dear.. thank you for thinking of me... my trip isn’t until the end of March!!!  Will keep you updated.  Have a fabulous evening.

Hi @bananacreampie 

Good to hear back from you. Guess I missed the date of your trip. Hope you found out what might work best for you. 

Got about 10" of more snow dumped on us last night, so it's pretty slow going around here. Did make it to the ice rink this afternoon for a couple hour skate.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

My BFF takes Xanax, 2x day.....low dose...she cannot get off the drug.  

@Mom2Dogs , has your friend had any success? I have heard that Xanax is addictive. 

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne , she has not.....she has been on it a very long time, low dose, but no success yet.