Honored Contributor

Works for me and I use the same mg--I took it when I was going thru chemo; and still do to help me sleep--just calms me down and no side effects for me--now I sometimes take 1 mg and that can make me a lttle wonky in the a.m. I think if you take it as you are in your seat, it prob would be ok. Maybe try it at home first, at night to see how you feel.

Respected Contributor

Please think twice about taking a medication that would impair your ability to function (as in "knock me out") when getting on an airplane. Do you really want to be in that state if something were to happen and you have to evacuate the aircraft? Unless your flight is long enough for you to take it well after take off and have it wear off well prior to arrival, please consider another way to deal with any anxiety that flying may cause you. I'm a very frequent flyer and I don't take any kind of sedating medication while flying, nor do I drink alcohol. I want to have my wits about me! 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

0.5 mg. of Ativan is a very low dose.  I don't think it would knock you out.  I prefer 0.25 mg. of Xanax for stress or anxiety.

Honored Contributor

The one and only time I flew, I just gripped the seat ahead of me. Yes, I hated flying, but I wouldn't medicate myself to do it.

Valued Contributor

Hello,

One mistake I have made with travel is upping my consumption of caffeine.  In addition to the medicine, try to be cognizant of any other substance that can up anxiety.  Good luck to you.

Honored Contributor
Lorazepam is the generic form of Ativan. It is a controlled substance. Taking such a low dose to help with anxiety when flying sounds fine, but try it at home first.
Esteemed Contributor

I took  a pill for about 2months and quit over a couple weeks ago. It made me sleep but I got up about 3 times to go to the bathroom. Also I couldn't shake the tiredness in the morning.

Regular Contributor

please just be aware that these "anxiety meds" are frequent causes of addiction that occurs rapidly and can escalate in short course.  Ativan(Lorazepam), Xanax (alprazolam), Klonopin (clonazepam), Diazepam.  They are all benzodiazipines and anyone taking them, even for short periods of time can quickly become accustomed to them and experience withdrawal if stopped.  try other methods of decreasing anxiety- like meditation, yoga, Tai Chi etc.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because the link is to another retailer

Honored Contributor

My BFF takes Xanax, 2x day.....low dose...she cannot get off the drug.