Honored Contributor

I had a bad fall recently and had stitches in my chin and top of hand.  After having stitches removed there were deep scars and scabbing on hand that was just thick and lasting forever.  So i picked up CVS brand of an antiobiotic pain and scar ointment.  Didn't think it would do much of anything but it really helped soften the scabbing and quickly began to heal.  

Valued Contributor

Next time maybe you'd be kind enough to name the product?

Glad it helped you.

Respected Contributor

@pieman wrote:

Glad it helped you.

She said, its the CVS store brand of antibiotic cream. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Antibiotic Scar Cream

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant wrote:

@pieman wrote:

Glad it helped you.

No, in the text of her post she said it was an antibiotic pain and scar ointment. In the subject line she called it a  cream. So to prevent confusion it would be helpful to know the actual full name of the product or see a photo of the package or tube. Or have a link to the product in th CVS site. Or price might help, too, because we'd know if we've seen the correct item if we're  in the store scouring the first aid shelf.

I think the recommendation is so helpful, but who knows what to buy with insufficient information? 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gizmogal wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

@pieman wrote:

Glad it helped you.

No, in the text of her post she said it was an antibiotic pain and scar ointment. In the subject line she called it a  cream. So to prevent confusion it would be helpful to know the actual full name of the product or see a photo of the package or tube. Or have a link to the product in th CVS site. Or price might help, too, because we'd know if we've seen the correct item if we're  in the store scouring the first aid shelf.

I think the recommendation is so helpful, but who knows what to buy with insufficient information? 

@gizmogal @pieman - More than likely, the OP used a store brand version of Neosporin

Respected Contributor

It's CVS's brand called Antibiotic Pain & Scar. It's just a topical triple antibiotic cream that helps with healing to lessen potential scarring. I can see how this may have helped @rms1954's scabbing wound. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

It's CVS's brand called Antibiotic Pain & Scar. It's just a topical triple antibiotic cream that helps with healing to lessen potential scarring. I can see how this may have helped @rms1954's scabbing wound. 

CVS Health Antibiotic Pain & Scar Ointment

Esteemed Contributor

CVS Health Triple Antibiotic & Pain Relief Maximum Strength Ointment

Honored Contributor

@rms1954  You left out some vital info about what you purchased.

Did you purchase this?

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at Tue, Apr 26, 2022-6.34.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-26 at Tue, Apr 26, 2022-6.35.31 PM.png

Price w/o CVS card - $$7.59

Price w/CVS card - $$6.6

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@gizmogal wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

@pieman wrote:

Glad it helped you.

@gizmogal @pieman - More than likely, the OP used a store brand version of Neosporin

@qbetzforreal  yes Neosporin has one for pain and scars. I used it recently when I had shingles and it really helped.

I don't understand the big deal. @rms1954  said CVS pain and scar antibiotic cream. I figured out what she meant.