Honored Contributor

Re: Anti-Covid cocktail

[ Edited ]

I take a daily D3 supplement because routine blood test found my 

levels to be low.

Personally am leery of supplements that are not water soluble.

Post #44 accurately describes the ‘cocktail ‘.

@SilleeMee  Did you say you take powdered matcha, do you mean in a capsule, or as tea?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe 

I put matcha powder into my green drink once daily....about 10 grams of it.

Honored Contributor

The only supplement I take is Vitamin C.  I have been taking that for years.

A couple of years ago when I had bloodwork done, my Vitamin D level was low so my doctor put me on prescription Vitamin D and after 3 months I was retested and my levels were normal and have been since then.  I see no reason to take Vitamin D if my level isn't low.

Having too much Vitamin D can cause a lot of problems so I don't think it's wise to just start taking possibly unnecessary supplements. 

Trusted Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I take extra Vitamin D to placate my dad, who is convinced it helps prevent Covid. I figure taking it is good for my health in other ways, plus it makes him worry about me a little less. (He still takes actual precautions.)

I think it has zippo zilch effect on Covid. My opinion is that it is all a placebo effect. If it makes you feel better and improves your overall health and mood, good. If it makes you think it's enough to protect you from maskless superspreaders, or that you don't need to practice social distancing because of it, that is very very bad.

Herbal cocktails don't prevent Covid. Actual cocktails help cope with staying home.

Ina Garten shares recipe for huge Cosmopolitan cocktail | Videos |  Express.co.uk

(Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa making a Quarantini)

@Porcelain 

My doctor told me that too much vitamin D can be harmful. She had me cut back on my intake of it, even though I have osteopenia. So, you might check with your doctor.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Super Contributor

i take zinc, vitamin d daily along with about 10 other vitamins and aspirin my doctor suggested. and i take heartburn med pepcid as needed. none of them are taken to be preventitive for covid. i have other health issues they address. 

Trusted Contributor

I take zinc, vitamin D, multi vitamin, emerge drink, and old time cod liver oil liquid.  

I think it once again depends where you live.  How bad is the situation in your area.  I live in an area where 20,000 plus people have dies since March.  That is a large amount.  

I do remember in the old days many people took liquid cod liver oil and I feel it helps grealty but i don't know if it helps with this situation but i continue to take it daily.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Esteemed Contributor

No, not that cocktail.

But I do take zinc, selenium, glutithione, and lots of vitamin C (supplements as well as foods high in vit. C.)

Also, colloidal silver (occasionally), which is supposed to fight infections.

Honored Contributor

I have all of the things in the cocktail but don't take all of them...I take vitamin D and low-dose aspirin. I did buy the zinc, melatonin, and zinc , and Tylenol when I first heard they could help with the virus...we are locked and loaded, so to speak. My dr did caution me on taking the famotidine unless I needed it for heartburn.  
I am also curious if anyone is taking all of the things in the cocktail as a preventative measure. 

Honored Contributor
You can even get the virus if you stay home and allow others to come inside if they have been out and about and are carriers, even if asymptomatic.
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
You can even get the virus if you stay home and allow others to come inside if they have been out and about and are carriers, even if asymptomatic.

@lovesrecess  Well, yes. That's why people have been trying to stay at home especially at the beginning. If the person who went out wore a mask and sanitized, washed, etc. hopefully all is good. I think many people have been meeting others outside and apart.