Regular Contributor

Re: Anti-Covid cocktail

[ Edited ]

My anti-covid cocktail is a vodka martini with a blue cheese olive every evening at 5:00.

In addition, I take a multi vitamin and D 3.  The multi has zinc.

I also limit my exposure to stores, have not yet been in a restaurant, socialize only outside with a few friends.

I practice physical distancing and wear a mask.

Esteemed Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

Just wondering.    Seems to be popular as a preventive measure.

Are any of you taking or considering these as an anti-Covid-19 cocktail? .  🤔

zinc, vitamin D, famotidine, melatonin and aspirin.

~Please do your part. Wear a mask, observe social distancing, wash hands. It is patriotic, and the right thing to do.~😷🇺🇸

@EatWell 

I think that the bigger questions are are you  taking this cocktail?

if so, are you now immune to Covid, and have eschew wearing masks and social distancing?

If not, why not?

I thought that your "special cocktail" made you immune to getting Covid.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

Just wondering.    Seems to be popular as a preventive measure.

Are any of you taking or considering these as an anti-Covid-19 cocktail? .  🤔

zinc, vitamin D, famotidine, melatonin and aspirin.

~Please do your part. Wear a mask, observe social distancing, wash hands. It is patriotic, and the right thing to do.~😷🇺🇸

@EatWell 

I think that the bigger questions are are you  taking this cocktail?

if so, are you now immune to Covid, and have eschew wearing masks and social distancing?

If not, why not?

I thought that your "special cocktail" made you immune to getting Covid.

When the combination of drugs was mentioned, no where did I hear that it was a cocktail being used to prevent Covid-19, correct me if I am wrong.

If it is or was supposed to be a preventative cocktail, it didn't work very well.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The cocktail the doctors were speaking about was not a cocktail of the OTC supplements and meds given although they can be generally healthful for antiinflammation. It was the experimental 'cocktail' of monoclonal antibodies made by Regeneron. He is also being given a course of Remdesivir, which is now considered a standard treatment for Covid-19.  

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@EatWell 

No. I practice social distancing and wear a mask in public.

No one following the basic guidelines needs to consider anything like this.

Anyone with risky behaviors is likely to get infected even if they take extra supplements.

I really can't abide people making these kinds of statements. 

No one has any idea what others need to consider, and should never make these kinds of blanket statements. 

Many immune compromised people do indeed need very much to boost their immunity with 'anything like this' not only in their daily lives, but especially in times where viruses and sickness are elevated in the general population. 

It's one thing to not believe in the use of vitamins and minerals for yourself, but it certainly is critical for so many others. 

Statements like this are blindly closed minded.

Honored Contributor

We believe that anything that supports or boosts the immune system is a good idea any time, and especially at this time. 

We take zinc, Vit D, Vit C, Vit E daily. Boost the D in the winter. Will most likely boost the zinc from 25mg to 50 this winter as well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anything you do safely to reduce inflammation, the better off your entire health picture will be. Things like diet, exercise, weight reduction and more all help to reduce the inflammatory cascade of events which leads to health complications. Inflammation is directly connected to the immune system so if you keep that part happy then your whole body will thank you.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@EatWell 

No. I practice social distancing and wear a mask in public.

No one following the basic guidelines needs to consider anything like this.

Anyone with risky behaviors is likely to get infected even if they take extra supplements.

I really can't abide people making these kinds of statements. 

No one has any idea what others need to consider, and should never make these kinds of blanket statements. 

Many immune compromised people do indeed need very much to boost their immunity with 'anything like this' not only in their daily lives, but especially in times where viruses and sickness are elevated in the general population. 

It's one thing to not believe in the use of vitamins and minerals for yourself, but it certainly is critical for so many others. 

Statements like this are blindly closed minded.

People can make whatever statements they wish to, within the rules. Don't worry about all the people who disagree with you. Just do you and pay attention to your own situation. Woman Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 , Dr. Fauci already stated that he takes Vitamins C and D.  He didn't say it would prevent Covid-19, but even he thinks they are a good idea for overall health.  

In answer to your question, however, my answer is a resounding, "No!"

Why?  Our FDA went after cherry farmers in our country when they stated that cherries reduced inflammation, even though there is science proving that to be correct.  

Do you know that there is a whole arm of the USDA called the ARS, which devotes its time to doing research (on our taxpayer dime) on all natural plants/vegetables/fruits/herbs to determine if they have pharmaceutical value?  Do you know that they (at the ARS) then hand over that information free-of-charge to pharmaceutical companies so that those pharmaceutical companies can then manufacture drugs to sell to us, the members of the public, based upon active and noteworthy components of those natural plant foods.  Note that the ARS does not share any of the information about the health benefits of different plant flavonoids with the public, even though it is the public that funds their research.  Why isn't the public entitled to know the results of the research? I find that unacceptable.  I only learned about the existence of the Agricultural Research Service when I looked up the word "flavonoid", because I read that word in an article and did not have a clue what that word meant.  What a rabbit hole I went down after looking up that single word.

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born 

It's so interesting to me that many Rx drugs have been formulated from plant chemistry. When you dig deep enough to find what a drug has in it, many times you'll find it comes from plants. The Far East has known about that for thousands of years.