Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Unless you stay home you can still get the virus.

Only if you stay home alone. We've heard families who stay home have still gotten it. I suppose no matter how careful we are we could still get it. 

Honored Contributor

I take extra Vitamin D to placate my dad, who is convinced it helps prevent Covid. I figure taking it is good for my health in other ways, plus it makes him worry about me a little less. (He still takes actual precautions.)

I think it has zippo zilch effect on Covid. My opinion is that it is all a placebo effect. If it makes you feel better and improves your overall health and mood, good. If it makes you think it's enough to protect you from maskless superspreaders, or that you don't need to practice social distancing because of it, that is very very bad.

Herbal cocktails don't prevent Covid. Actual cocktails help cope with staying home.

Ina Garten shares recipe for huge Cosmopolitan cocktail | Videos |  Express.co.uk

(Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa making a Quarantini)

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Famotidine is the generic version of Pepcid.  It is an antihistamine & antacid not a preventative for Covid.  Vitamin D doses need to be prescribed by a Dr not yourself.  It can become toxic in your system if you use too much.  Aspirin or Tylenol can be used if you already have Covid and have a fever.

Sometimes I think common sense has totally left us.  

Honored Contributor

No.

I only take what my doctor has recommended. That would include vitamins C, D and B12. I also ingest powders of elderberry, matcha, kale and shiitake mushroom...all of which support the immune system.

Esteemed Contributor

No.  I do already take a Vitamin D supplement.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

I get a flu shot, get 9 hours of sleep, don't drink more than 1 drink a week, wash my hands a lot, don't do crowds (never have), stay away from drama (stress), don't smoke.  I also take a Vit B12 and Vit D supplement daily.

Along with occasional exercise and not eating processed foods very often, this keeps me healthy!

Honored Contributor

Apparently it doesn't work if that was the reason for taking that combo.

Honored Contributor

No. 

Honored Contributor

DH and I both got nasty colds last week.....we wear a mask in public and like before Covid we were/are avid handwahsers.......

Esteemed Contributor

Not sure this might be popular with, but I am out.  Just do my regular vitamins.