Honored Contributor

Re: Anti-Covid cocktail

[ Edited ]

My brother in-law got infected playing golf in Florida. He shared a golf cart with a guy who tested positive and didn’t bother telling him and the others in the foursome until two of them had already flown back to their homes in Ohio. Both were hospitalized because they felt awful, were given remdesivir, and are doing well now after two weeks. They are in their 50’s and didn’t take supplements or anything else...BIL was on oxygen most of the time but was discharged with an oxygen machine. It seems the Rendesivir is the key, not the supplements, although they can’t hurt. The guy he caught the virus from didn't even have to be admitted to the hospital, and he was a smoker and very overweight. I guess everyone is different, for sure. 

Contributor

While Vitamin D does NOT prevent COVID, multiple studies have shown that Vitamin D insufficiency and deficiency generate significantly increased complications & fatalities in those who get COVID. The studies also showed that rates of Vit D insufficiency/deficiency are notably increased in people with darker pigmented skin, so that may likely explain why those groups of people have been harder hit by COVID. Side note: Zinc has long been known to generically inhibit virus replication, ie, Cold Eeze & Zicam.

Anyone who is worried abouut taking too much Vit D should get their blood levels tested before supplementation. I know someone else also mentioned all of this, too, but it's good to know what the medical studies are saying since they are not always well-publicized.

Honored Contributor
Yes, the point I was making is that it is not good to get complacent and think you can’t possibly ever get this virus, even if you take all precautions. The good news is that drs are learning more about it and what treatments really work. We are probably in a better situation now than six months ago, and we should be grateful for that.
Honored Contributor
Our allergies have been bothering us lately; so hard to deal with the cough and runny nose and itchy eyes and then watch all the COVID stuff on tv. We walk along a trail by a creek with huge trees....am sure something is always blooming we are allergic to.