Honored Contributor

Re: Another ship quarantined!

Everyone is very close together on any cruise ship, it is no surprise whatever illness is there spreads fast and far. There have been so many stomach bugs and other problems on cruise ships the last ten years or so, it makes me less interested in being on any ship. Being quarantined on a ship would be my worst nightmare.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you are contagious without even showing any symptoms and not knowing you are sick, I can see why this is spreading so fast.

Respected Contributor

It's now being reported that the man who died here in California already had the virus when he boarded the Grand Princess in early February, but possibly did not have any symptoms yet.  There were also a few others on his leg of the cruise who were later diagnosed.  The virus had probably been circulating in our country for weeks before we knew it.  

Honored Contributor

when i see this on the news i have to wonder WHY is anyone going on any cruises at all during this time since January???

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So my question is this------when in the HE***LL  are people going to realize that being contained by the thousands on a ship --- NOT a good thing!!!???? Especially these days------just blows my mind!!!!   I would never go cruising anyway--think the ships are breeding grounds for all sorts of germs---- and when are the cruise lines going to wise up??? OH I forgot---$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Respected Contributor

omg do not go on a cruise people!! what is wrong with people.

Respected Contributor

I have been on several cruises mainly for my husbands sake.  He likes to be on a non stop all you can eat week long food frenzy.  I hate it.  Being trapped with thousands of people in a small space for a week is my worst nightmare.  The ports are tourist traps.  I know plenty of people who love them and go all the time.  I like to know my car is outside the cabin or hotel and I can do what I want.  One year my husband got sick three days in and we cut our losses and went home.  Even if you fly you can go home.  

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I have been on several cruises mainly for my husbands sake.  He likes to be on a non stop all you can eat week long food frenzy.  I hate it.  Being trapped with thousands of people in a small space for a week is my worst nightmare.  The ports are tourist traps.  I know plenty of people who love them and go all the time.  I like to know my car is outside the cabin or hotel and I can do what I want.  One year my husband got sick three days in and we cut our losses and went home.  Even if you fly you can go home.  

Why don't you suggest cruising by car to all of your local eateries for a week of gluttony so you can save money and not be stuck at sea.LOL

Honored Contributor

Not sure why anyone would even consider getting on a cruise ship until this issue is resolved. Health is not something I choose to take unnecessary risks with. I'll stay close to home and follow the recommendations of the experts. 

Honored Contributor

The last thing I want to do is go on a cruise. After the norovirus several years ago that ran through the entire ship and so many were seriously sick....it’s clear no ship can be or will be equipped to deal with any virus.