Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another ship quarantined!

@Puppy Lips : We are frequent cruisers and always choose an inside cabin (less motion and more cost effective), so with all the commotion around Diamond Princess I wondered the same.  The answer is, that at least in that case, the inside cabin passengers were immediately taken off the ship.

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@cindyNC   I'd cancel! Even with cancellation insurance you get more back if cancelled early. 

@1Snickers, not a lot of people have a cancel for any reason policy because they are pricey.     

Honored Contributor

Is this new because as of 3:15, the ship was not under quarantine but they were testing passengers and waiting for results before they made a decision.  

Respected Contributor

Image result for a ship is a floating petri dish

Regular Contributor

The Diamond and Grand Princess are sister ships . There is story that some Princess cruisers may know . It is a sad thing that is happening to the cruise lines . I pray for the people who are in this mess and that the cruise lines survive . Airlines , hotels , workers and more who have been effected . 

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips and @1Snickers we decided today that we are going to see how things are 10 days before we are supposed to go.  Actually, I don't mind the room and we got upgraded to a balcony this time. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips   Inside rooms can be terrible. My friend and I had a small one on a cruise to Bermuda. You couldn't tell if it was day or night and there were bunk beds. Each time the toilet flushed next door I'd hit my head on the top bunk! 
  It was an older ship and it sank, fortunately at dry dock!

I've been on many cruises including the Grand Princess. It's a lovely ship and I hate that this terrible virus is happening on her!  
   Sending prayers to her passengers and crew! 

Trusted Contributor

This is so scary.  It spread like wildfire on the Diamond Princess. 

Do the math.
Super Contributor

This ship had a prior cruise that had a sickness and they found out after he left the ship. Apparently they didn't disinfect the ship at that time. So the new passengers board and the take off and now they have a lot of sickness. The test results came back yesterday. It shows 19 of the crew and 2 passengers test positive. There was a woman and her 80 year old parents aboard . I wish they would say you may test positive but some people don't get sick and some people are carriers so how many people are sick

Valued Contributor

I'm so glad we went on our cruise last year.  We could not afford to be quarantined with all the medication my husband needs to live.