Valued Contributor

Re: Another mammogram experience-thanksgiving a day late!

Happy to hear you are fine.

Valued Contributor

Best wishes and prayers for your sister Vamp! I know what she had been through.Thank you all for your prayers. Both my Aunt and my sister died of ovarian cancer very young and within 6 weeks of diagnosis. I have been very diligent with my GYN appointments and testing. I am the first one in the family with breast cancer. As difficult as these past few months have been I do consider myself very lucky. You will all be in my prayers.
Esteemed Contributor

embgm: which stage ovarian cancer did ur aunt and sister have? I knew I had ovarian cancer for 3 years but didn't have insurance. So - I had to wait til Medicare kicked in - and I was diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer. I knew I had it because my mom had it. It has now been almost 9 years and I beat it ---- I've been cancer free. Just so women know, that even with a serious cancer, you can still get thru it.

Valued Contributor

By the time my sister had symptoms which were swelling in abdomen and legs and abdominal pain she was stage 4. She and my aunt had a very rare type. The doctors at Sloan Kettering told us they see maybe 16 cases of her type a year. She died in 1999. They have come along way since then in treating this horrible disease. She was terminal from the day of diagnosis. They performed a hysterectomy and abdominal wash to make her more comfortable but no other treatment. The cancer had already spread to her vital organs. That is so wonderful that you are now healthy. There are so many advances in fighting this disease than when my sister and aunt had it. You are right the odds are much better now than in 1999 for a positive outcome.
Regular Contributor

When I ""used"" to get mammo's I would insist I get a read before I left because of my aunt having had cancer and my anxiety. They always did it .... I no longer get them because I'm not so sure they don't cause cancer. Ever since mammo's breast cancer has sky rocketed. Please no flak here on me this is my choice and only mine. My doctor is fine with it she knows I don't get them or colonoscopies any longer.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations! I am so glad everything worked out well for you.

Respected Contributor

Good News! If I had and I have had a call back - then I would want to make an appointment within the next 6 months to check on an all clear -- just in case. I insisted on going back in six months to make sure.