Honored Contributor

Another Romaine Lettuce scare.

Do not eat any form of it....even in mixes. If you have some you have been eating...throw that out too, and disinfect the area where that lettuce was..... until further notice 

you can google romaine lettuce and read and read all the info.

Honored Contributor

Re: Another Romaine Lettuce scare.

@SeaMaiden@Thanks I heard.I am at the point where I won’t eat romaine ever again.They might as well quit growing the stuff because they can’t stop the problem it seems.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@SeaMaiden@Thanks I heard.I am at the point where I won’t eat romaine ever again.They might as well quit growing the stuff because they can’t stop the problem it seems.

@dexI wish they did not put the romaine in the spring mix blends....I buy that all the time.

Respected Contributor

You also have to be very careful about salads you get in restaurants. The waitstaff don’t always know what greens are in the salads they’re serving. It’s back to iceberg lettuce for us! 

Trusted Contributor

I just finished up the bag I've been eating for the past three days.  Oh well.

Super Contributor

I just bought a bag of romaine lettuce yesterday.  I have avoided this lettuce since the last recall and finally bought it for the holiday.  Just got back from Shop Rite where I returned it unopened and switched it for iceberg lettuce. Others were doing the same, in fact, no other mixes were available.  Sure makes me leary of even eating salad. 

Trusted Contributor

@cookie16 wrote:

I just bought a bag of romaine lettuce yesterday.  I have avoided this lettuce since the last recall and finally bought it for the holiday.  Just got back from Shop Rite where I returned it unopened and switched it for iceberg lettuce. Others were doing the same, in fact, no other mixes were available.  Sure makes me leary of even eating salad. 

Why is it still on the grocery shelves then?

Super Contributor

I just heard about this on our evening news which is why I returned it.  I don't know when this was made known but our store was selling romaine yesterday. 

Honored Contributor

Iceberg for us only!

Honored Contributor

I'm sooooo glad I shop from local farmers! Our annual Thanksgiving Farmers Market was yesterday where I bought my fresh local turkey, fresh local potatoes, fresh local everything!! I never have to worry about any warnings from the CDC. 

"Pure Michigan"