Trusted Contributor

Re: Another J&J Vaccine Halt

I'm scheduled for J&J next week here in Texas. I'll be keeping a watchful eye on the information to decide whether to keep my appointment or not. I'm not scared but am concerned.

Respected Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

I'm scheduled for J&J next week here in Texas. I'll be keeping a watchful eye on the information to decide whether to keep my appointment or not. I'm not scared but am concerned.

==========

"So far, CDC experts do not believe the shot is at fault. Officials did not specify what types of reactions the eight people had to the shot, but said they were 'consistent with common reactions in adults being vaccinated with any vaccine."

Trusted Contributor

@Bhvbum  Yes, I've read that. I'm of the mindset to proceed with the shot barring any dramatic developments.

Esteemed Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

@LonestarBabs

I am in upstate New York in a area with four colleges. The regional sites gave out J&J vaccine for a very short time. The sites and drugstores are only giving two dose shots.

I reached an email from the medical group where I get care. It said.the centers would no longer dispense J&J. I read there were 6.8 million doses, and the age of the people with blood clots was 48. 

My 35 year old nephew received his first dose last week. 

The older folks in my family all had Pfizer. I had my second shot yesterday. 

Please stay well. 

Trusted Contributor

@Nuttmeg   I cancelled my appointment BEFORE the halt. There were things I just wasn't comfortable with and my gut was telling me to back off. So I did!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LonestarBabs - I think you made the right decision.  For those here who said I was promoting "fake news" about Brad Malagarie's stroke after his J&J shot, here is something more substantial than the GoFundMe description of his injury. I trust that this news article suffices.  Not everyone has a stroke after an inoculation, but in rare cases, some people do. Denying that these injuries occur does nothing but play into the hands of those who would take away our rights to make fully informed medical consent decisions prior to undergoing a medical procedure. There is no liability for the manufacturers of these products, should their inoculations cause harm to us. This family will bear the enormously high costs of all of Brad's medical treatment and rehabilitation needs that are not covered by his health insurance policy.  If the industry producing these products has the right to be liabilty free, shouldn't we all have the right of refusal? No risk to the manufacturers, but only risk to us?  How is that equitable? 

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

@LonestarBabs - I think you made the right decision.  For those here who said I was promoting "fake news" about Brad Malagarie's stroke after his J&J shot, here is something more substantial than the GoFundMe description of his injury. I trust that this news article suffices.  Not everyone has a stroke after an inoculation, but in rare cases, some people do. Denying that these injuries occur does nothing but play into the hands of those who would take away our rights to make fully informed medical consent decisions prior to undergoing a medical procedure. There is no liability for the manufacturers of these products, should their inoculations cause harm to us. This family will bear the enormously high costs of all of Brad's medical treatment and rehabilitation needs that are not covered by his health insurance policy.  If the industry producing these products has the right to be liabilty free, shouldn't we all have the right of refusal? No risk to the manufacturers, but only risk to us?  How is that equitable? 

https://www.wlox.com/2021/04/14/family-young-healthy-south-mississippi-man-who-suffered-stroke-belie...

That is terrible what happened to him.  But the news story doesn't confirm it is related to the vaccine.  It just tells his story with input from family and coworkers.

And when you say "not everyone has a stroke after innoculation" - I'm not sure there is 1 case of it.  The J&J vaccine has no reports of strokes - the reports are instead a rare blood clotting syndrome.  Further, these side effects were ALL reported 6-13 days after the vaccine, not the same day.  

Respected Contributor

@Mj12 - I doubt any news story will ever confirm a definitive connection between an inoculation and an injury.  The J&J shots haven't been out long enough for the side effects and adverse events to be fully documented. How do you know that J&J has no reports of strokes?  This is one such report of a stroke occuring after the J&J shot, so why are you denying its existence?

I also saw a video clip of a young woman (late teens to early 20's) in a hospital bed in Baylor Hospital in Dallas, Texas, named Carli Simon who had chest pain followed by paralysis on her left side and eight seizures all occuring within 48 hours after her inoculation with the J&J shot.  Scans showed a 3 mm brain aneurism and she is hooked up to an EEG machine to monitor her seizures. Doctors are trying to figure out what happened to her and if it is related to her J&J shot.

I think these incidents need to be taken very seriously, and that they warrant a full investigation.  Young, healthy people with only one thing in common-- the shot they took only a few hours before devastating symptoms occurred -- is cause for concern.

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

@Mj12 - I doubt any news story will ever confirm a definitive connection between an inoculation and an injury.  The J&J shots haven't been out long enough for the side effects and adverse events to be fully documented. How do you know that J&J has no reports of strokes?  This is one such report of a stroke occuring after the J&J shot, so why are you denying its existence?

I also saw a video clip of a young woman (late teens to early 20's) in a hospital bed in Baylor Hospital in Dallas, Texas, named Carli Simon who had chest pain followed by paralysis on her left side and eight seizures all occuring within 48 hours after her inoculation with the J&J shot.  Scans showed a 3 mm brain aneurism and she is hooked up to an EEG machine to monitor her seizures. Doctors are trying to figure out what happened to her and if it is related to her J&J shot.

I think these incidents need to be taken very seriously, and that they warrant a full investigation.  Young, healthy people with only one thing in common-- the shot they took only a few hours before devastating symptoms occurred -- is cause for concern.

@Jersey Born I am not denying he had a stroke - he clearly did if his family/doctors/coworkers report it.  What I am saying is, it is not fact nor confirmed in your article that it is attributed to this vaccine.  Is the timing strange?  Absolutely.  

It is abundantly clear you are anti-Covid vax.  We all get it.  But maybe don't post news stories stating as fact something as critically important as this, until and if it is confirmed.  

Respected Contributor

@Mj12 - It is also very clear that you are very pro-COVID-inoculation. 

That you are stating "we" in your personal response to me is interesting.  I have seen others do this as well, when responding to my posts. When I write my responses, to you or to anyone else at this forum, I am not claiming to speak for anyone else.  I am not a "we", I am an I.