Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Annoyed with one of my doctors

@chrystaltree 

The paper work was done and yes I need to know to my numbers,  the test was not done and I deserve to know WHY.

Do not be dismissive, my time is important and being treated right is important to me.

Perhaps you let people slide, I do not. It is not up to you to decide which is important to other s

My cab fare is 18 dollars each way and my co pay is 20, that is $56, that I could put to use elsewhere.

@chrystaltree wrote:

She forgot to order because it because didn't need that particular lab.  When she was filling out the order, it slipped her mind.  Yes, you'll have to go back.  In the scheme of things, it's a minor inconvenience.  Of course neither one is going to call you back.  What is there to say?  They can't fix it.  It's not like she removed the wrong kidney or something.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

Annoying but mistakes happen.  Could have also been the lab's fault -- maybe they missed it.  Worse things can happen.  They should at least call you back though.  

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox   That is a lot of money.  I would not be happy either.  

I am not sure there is anything you can do this time, but for future visits, I'd speak up loud and clear and make them prove to you that they are requesting all of your lab tests.

Someone made an error at your expense.

I wish you lived closer. I would be happy to drive you to your doctor appointments, for no cost.

Honored Contributor

Frustrating indeed! 

Contributor

The practice of medicine in this country is horrid!

Honored Contributor

@Carmie 

Thank you so much  Heart

Thing is I did speak up and I saw her check the paperwork, with out a message I can not tell where the "error" occured 

@Carmie wrote:

@I am still oxox   That is a lot of money.  I would not be happy either.  

I am not sure there is anything you can do this time, but for future visits, I'd speak up loud and clear and make them prove to you that they are requesting all of your lab tests.

Someone made an error at your expense.

I wish you lived closer. I would be happy to drive you to your doctor appointments, for no cost.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

My husband was going to an Ortho for his rotator cuff.  The office cancelled his appointment, not once, but twice, without letting him know.  Then when he did get in to see him, the office nurse was so horrible to him, snappy and bad mood.  They then ordered a CT scan of his shoulder and then cancelled again.  He complained to the doctor and he laughed it off.  My husband also considers his time important.  He got fed up and wrote the President of the Medical Staff at the hospital and found out after the fact they let the doctor go because they had so many complaints of his shoddy service.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Cakers3   OMG!  That you had to go through that and prove that hubby was not taking drugs!😮  Must happen more than we think...we are the ones that must double check everything even if they make you feel stupid.  

I remember hearing  on a  show about protecting yourself  .....  they said that when you pick up ANY prescription to ask to have checked that what is in the bottle is what is on the label when you are there.  So I asked the clerk to have that done....you should have seen the look I got....like are you nuts not trusting us?  They did it.....but they made me feel like an idiot. 

@SeaMaidenanytime I get a prescription filled, there is a label on the bottle that describes what shape and color the pills are and what is imprinted on them.  It has been that way for a few years now.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ninjasmom1 

1 of my good friends is a Sports Medicine Certified Orthopedic Surgeon. He moved from his home, and medical practioce from Canada. If you are not familiar with Health Care in Canada, it is easy to check it out.

If there is a better health care system somewhere I am not aware of it. Royalty from around the world come here to be treated for very serious health issues and I understand why they do so.

Could it be better? Of course, but at this point in time, I'll stick with my Health Care System. It has saved me from possible death 8 times, and counting.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Fresca,

I agree with you 100% in that it is impossible to find people who are actually doing what they get paid to do!   

I would like to have $20 for every time I have said that out loud in the last 7 months, in connection to the medical care my husband has received.   All I expect, is that anyone who treats/provides care for him, to just do the job they get paid to do!   

I am not looking for things to complain about.  I make no demands, or request anything special, but I am well aware of the level of care that is to be provided, and if ANY caregiver does not provide that level of care for my husband, someone hears about it!