Honored Contributor

Annoyed with one of my doctors

I see several doctors at the same practice.

I was to have my ferritin levels checked by my rhumo and was visiting another doc and asked if she would be able to do the tests. The answer was no problem.

I got my results back and no ferritin test was included.

I made a point of mentioning it to my doc and the nurse who took the blood.

I have e-mailed both docs with no response

Now it will be my time, car fare and co pay to get the blood work done.

I know this is not the end of the world but it is very annoying

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: Annoyed with one of my doctors

I would be annoyed too!  Last check up my bloodwork was done and she didn't give me a Vitamin D test and I was annoyed (had done it in past visits), as that is one thing I feel is important to keep on top of.  You should call the office and complain.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I was to have my ferritin levels checked by my rhumo and was visiting another doc and asked if she would be able to do the tests. The answer was no problem.

i wish i never had to go to a doctor...or call a doctor's office.....ever again....it's always so frustrating.....

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

i wish i never had to go to a doctor...or call a doctor's office.....ever again....it's always so frustrating.....

Amen sister !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

My cardiologist just called and changed my appointment for the second time in one month.  My last appointment was in October.  My new appointment is August 6.  To change Doctors  would mean a longer wait. This just isn’t right.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox,

The lab equipment at the hospital where I retired, and in the VA facilities my husband goes to, stores patients blood samples for X number of days after running the tests.   My husband has has additional tests run without needing to return to the lab.   

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox  I've had two different doctors offices make mistakes when ordering my labs.  I also made sure to remind them what they needed to do.  Both times I asked them to eat the cost of the mistake and they did.  They won't pay your car fare but they should pay your co-pay or co-insurance.  If no one calls you back, I would call again and ask to speak to the office manager. Believe me they want to know about these mistakes.

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox  I just want to add this.  One doctor's office initially did not want to pay for their mistake.  I asked them if they would rather me make a complaint about them with my insurance company and they quickly decided to pay.

Trusted Contributor

Hubby had a colonoscopy and upper scope almost a month ago. The doctor came and gave us a brief report of what was found and told us it would be 10 days for the results. We have been calling and have received no response. It's a voice mail when you call the office. We are ready to go up there in person but even that may not work. Very frustrated!!

Honored Contributor

To file a complaint about your doctor and/or medical facility, contact your State medical board

You can do so online and/or by snail mail.  Make sure you cc to the medical facility.  This way, they will know YOU mean business.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif