Trusted Contributor

Re: Angry at assistant in Eye Doctors office

@pattiewaddle  I would have had the same reaction as you.  I have a hard time understanding a lot of people through the masks.  And I get so tired of asking them to repeat things!  My sister and I were in an electronics store the other day so I could pick up my laptop.  Later, she said to me 'you were at the counter a long time.'  I said I know, I had to ask the clerk to repeat every single thing he said to me.  Between the mumbling, the mask, and plexi-glass, it was so frustrating.

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@skatting44,

Yes, I've experienced the same

and feel just the same way!

Sorry to hear that . I am a RN  and I was taught early on   in my education how to care for  patients with hearing and visual deficits .  I had  Grandparents and remember  they had challenges with sight and hearing issues .  I think so much is not being taught and  alot of people come across as they don't give a rip  to be helpful to others  . Over the years , I  did  try to educate other nurses and  various other health care staff  . I did meet with  Hospital Administrators  to let them know of improvement their facility needed to implement  for those with hearing and visual deficits.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong.   I repeat what @Tinkrbl44 said in her reply.

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

@skatting44,

Yes, I've experienced the same

and feel just the same way!

Sorry to hear that . I am a RN  and I was taught early on   in my education how to care for  patients with hearing and visual deficits .  I had  Grandparents and remember  they had challenges with sight and hearing issues .  I think so much is not being taught and  alot of people come across as they don't give a rip  to be helpful to others  . Over the years , I  did  try to educate other nurses and  various other health care staff  . I did meet with  Hospital Administrators  to let them know of improvement their facility needed to implement  for those with hearing and visual deficits.

@skatting44,

I appreciate all you are doing and I know it means a lot to my mother when someone speaks clearly,  slowly and loud enough for her to hear and also addresses her when she is at a doctors appt and not her daughter.

It doesn't take much effort to make such a difference to the elderly or those who have a hard time hearing,

or not able to see well.

You are making a difference!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

You were wrong. Clearly wrong. Very wrong. 

Esteemed Contributor

My mom had problems till she got hearing aids.  While occasionally has trouble understanding, it is so much better.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

@pattiewaddle - You were right.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

Your eye doctor has an assistant?  When I go to my opthamologist, he is the only one I see.  Except for the lady at the front desk who answers the phone and files insurance forms, the doctor is the only person in the office.  He does it all. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pattiewaddle 

Right or wrong about what exactly? I am one that doesn't believe, that in everything that transpires, there has to be a right or wrong. 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

You're a rare breed, John.  A precious rare breed!