Trusted Contributor

Andrew's Glucosamine - amounts

So I have always wondered this, and wonder why it is not addressed.

I would think that supplements and amounts to take would some how be related to body size.  I would think a man would take more capsules than a women.  

I am 125 pounds and wonder do I realy need 4 capsules daily if that is what Andrew takes?

Thoughts?

Honored Contributor

Re: Andrew's Glucosamine - amounts

[ Edited ]

Andrew has a number to call with your questions on all of his bottles.I have called many times for answers to my questions.

Honored Contributor

You could probably get by with taking 2 or 3 per day instead of 4 & see if you get the results you are looking for. I saw online where the dosage was different under 100 lbs & over 200 lbs. Ask your doctor on your next appt.

Super Contributor

I had a dog being treated by a holistic vet that used human supplements (and some of Andrews).

I mention this because he said the standard dosage was for a 150 lb human.  I was told to adjust the dosage for my dog accordingly.

Honored Contributor

This goes for medications as well as supplement.  There are people who have very little body fat and are under 100 lbs and cannot (and should not) take the standard dose of medications.  OTOH, there are people like my old roommate whose doctor had her taking 2x the standard amount due to her being very overweight.

Andrew addressed it about Vitamin D and your weight last weekend.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

In the supplement industry, adult supplement dosages are based on a 150 LB person...not man or woman.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

In the supplement industry, adult supplement dosages are based on a 150 LB person...not man or woman."

@SeaMaiden, thank you for sharing this info.

@CoastalGal, lol, I've been asking this question -- especially for water soluble supplements, as opposed to lipid soluble ones like Vitamin D -- for about seven years and I've never gotten a good and satisfying answer from anyone. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

150 is new, it used to be 130 for many years.

I think 150 is still low.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Regular Contributor

A joint is a joint whether it is in a man or woman, slim or not.  The studies were done on the following dosages:  1500 mg Glucosamine and 1200 mg Chondroitin daily.  These are the dosages where people saw relief and these dosages are what the 4 pills deliver.