Esteemed Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman's September schedule

@CWS22 

Thanks for the reminder.  

I feel a bit sqeamish about the Free Range product, so might stick with the Marine Collagen.  Of course, it's more pricey, but....

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch   I couldn't find our previous thread so this is off topic so I will keep it super short. I tried the Tweak'd CocoNutty Shampoo/Cond. yesterday, I think I'm in love, I have tried a TON and even tried theirs that you put on wet hair and hated it but I really, really like this, now I wish I would have gotten the TSV but my step mom is going to give me half of her's so it should last me a while, you only need a TINY bit of product. You know, I have used Wen on/off and always want to love it but when I do I swear I lose more hair, I adore Chaz so I never want to say that outloud but I think it's time to move on, I think I found my new cleanser for sure. <3

Honored Contributor

What collagen does Jennifer Aniston use?
Jen's supplement powder of choice is Vital Proteins Pasture-Raised, Grass-Fed Collagen Peptides.Jul 19, 2019
Honored Contributor

Anyone know of a marine collagen that is not drrived from tilapia, I just cant justify tilapia ingested in any shape or form. 

I take Verisol collagen daily, 3 tablets a day. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Anyone know of a marine collagen that is not drrived from tilapia, I just cant justify tilapia ingested in any shape or form. 

@Shelbelle Could you explain about the tilapia?  Is AL's made from tilapia and it's bad for us to ingest??  Sorry I only have the bovine free range kind at this point...I did purchase one of his combo's from yesterday and am now wondering if that's such a good idea after all.  Thinking about cancelling it.  I know HSN said the extended return policy is in force now so if I have a reaction to the marine part of it I can send it back but still not sure what to do.

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle Could you explain about the tilapia?  Is AL's made from tilapia and it's bad for us to ingest??  Sorry I only have the bovine free range kind at this point...I did purchase one of his combo's from yesterday and am now wondering if that's such a good idea after all.  Thinking about cancelling it.  I know HSN said the extended return policy is in force now so if I have a reaction to the marine part of it I can send it back but still not sure what to do.

Tilapia is a farm raised fish, not caught wild in its own habitat. We never consume tilapia. I know Andrew will state it is perfectly fine, but  i just dont trust it.  I am sure there other marine collagens out there that contain wild caught fish. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle thank you....I understand now.  I will look around myself...or perhaps just stick with the free range which is cheaper anyway.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@Shelbelle thank you....I understand now.  I will look around myself...or perhaps just stick with the free range which is cheaper anyway.

I take Verisol Collagen, in tablet form. 

Valued Contributor

@Shelbelle, Like you, I won't ingest tilapia or anything made from it. I've had great success with wild-caught marine collagen peptides from two companies: Code-Age and Aspen Naturals.  Both available on Amazon.  

Frequent Contributor

Thank you 

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Allieoh wrote:

Has anyone used both lessman's collagen peptides and vital proteins peptides? Vital proteins is on sale now at Costco. I was planning to buy it this week, but not sure which is better

@Allieoh  We use the Vital Proteins, and buy ours at Costco too.  It’s actually a great buy because VP counts 2 scoops as a serving where other brands one count one.  VP gets very high ratings.  I don’t take it everyday.  I faithfully track my fat, carbs, and protein so it all depends on my protein intake from other sources on any given day.  I’ll add some VP to my coffee, if I need it.  DH, on the other hand, has a higher protein requirement than me so he has his VP daily.  I used to think marine collagen was better but then I changed my mind.  Marine is mostly Type 1, Bovine is Type 1 & 3.  

Thank you! This is very helpful!