Respected Contributor

Andrew Lessman's New Free Range Collagen Peptides

Just received my order of this new product today....wanted to ask others taking this one or the Marine one....are there any special rules for taking this one?

Can it be taken before and after a meal?

Can it be mixed in say Yogurt?

I see it says to mix with water that is abit warm for best results in it dissolving.

Also 1 scoop or 2?  I am planning on starting with just 1 to see how it goes for me stomach wise but if I do well after 2wks I am thinking of doing 2 per day for bone health.

Thanks to all for responding Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman's New Free Range Collagen Peptides

@tsavorite I am using one full scoop of the Free Range with my "greens" drink, which is cold. Too soon to see results, as I believe it has only been a couple of weeks, at the most. So after a month of use, I may up it to two scoops. We'll see.

I don't recall him saying that it needed to be in warm water, but I know the instructions say it will dissolve better that way. I haven't had a problem with it dissolving readily the way I use it.

I can't think of a reason why you couldn't mix it with Yogurt, although I don't suppose it will dissolve upon contact. Think it would still work well, but you might not like the texture. Try it. Heart

As to before or after a meal. I take it in the middle of the day, only because that is when I have my "greens" drink. Sometimes I have more than one "greens" drink (when it is hot weather), so I will end up having two scoops in a day.

Super Contributor

For those that might be interested When i mix my collagen i use a  battery operated stick mixer i got on amazon for about 8$ i think...Very handy and helps to dissolve much better.....I use it to mix my hemp seed oil in orange juice to.Its the only way i can take that oil!

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler Thanks....I will play around with it tomorrow...probably take it in the morning.  Just going to try it with water and see how that goes.

@Sparky3333I have one of those...they work really good.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use both versions, preferring the Marine. But tried the FR due to the pricing.

The free range I mix in very warm water - I take it daily first thing in the morning and the last thing at night. I find it a soothing way to start and end my day. The taste is like the very lightest/slghtest beef bullion, and to me, it's comforting to drink it very warm.

Results? Well - I think my skin/hair/nails/bowels are better for it.

Regular Contributor

I have used his Marine for over a year and put in my almond milk protein drink and or yogurt smoothies which I drink in the morning. Use about 2 scoops. I did order and just received his Free Range. Plan on using the same way. I do mix using my Vitamix.  I’ve had no digestive issues with the Marine. 

Honored Contributor

The temperature is key.  Room Temp, everything mixes beautifully.

If it's on the cold side or you microwave your coffee so that's it around boiling, you get clumps.

The clumps go away with a stick mixer.

But if you just want to stir and go, find the right temperature range and you'll be fine.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@tsavorite  I put a scoop in the blender with skim milk and  my meal replacement shake powder.  No problem with it dissolving at all.  

Respected Contributor

First thing in the morning.....1 scoop in a 8oz cup add room temperature water. No problem it mixes well no clumps. I drink it on an empty stomach I wait 1/2 hour before drinking my coffee. I had read that it works better on an empty stomach.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite 

When I first started this one, I took it in the afternoon and felt sleepy after.

Decided to then take it in a glass of water at night...much better sleep for me!

Now, I add Marine Collagen Peptides to my shake in the morning, and take the Free Range in the late evening. 

Yes, at first I can tell you I “felt” my new proteins repairing my colon (IBS), strengthening my muscles and bones.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~