Honored Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman TSV Presale

@Teddie wrote:

All the bottles I’ve ordered previously were 360 size and I always get the largest that’s available. I see there is a 720 available now. Is this a new size because I sure don’t remember it. 

@Teddie 

No that's not a new size. That's the size Andrew offers as his TS every April with the best price.

Honored Contributor

@Kindaglitzy I have the problem with the capsules sticking together with my Vitamin K2-MK-7. Even though I just got it this year, each day I shake it a little because they are stuck together.

I know they are fresh, and the expiration date is 10/2021, but I think that is one product that you don't use the "freshener" packets in the bottles. Could be wrong on that.

Anyway, I don't worry about it as I know it is fresh. Just bugs me. ha!

Honored Contributor

@CWS22 wrote:

Comparing last year's Maximum Omega 3 product (I still have my bottle) to this year's product (you can view the new bottle label on the site), it looks like all the levels of nutrients and oils have been reduced by nearly 20%. So how does that make it better?

Comparison of labels is as follows (based on serving size of 2 capsules).

Fish oil: 1,150 mg last year vs. 970 mg this year

Total Omega-3 fatty acids: 1,000 mg last year vs. 800 mg this year

DHA: 450 mg last year vs. 400 mg this year

EPA: 350 mg last year vs. 280 mg this year

DPA: 50 mg last year vs. 40 mg this year

Alpha-linolenic acid: 100 mg last year vs. 80 mg this year

@CWS22 

Where did you come up those amounts???

Here is the label on Today's TS.

You got the numbers correct for the Omega 3 Fish Oil you listed for last years TS but not correct for this year. Those are listed on this label.

Omega 3 Fish Oil Ingredients 2019.PNG

Super Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Nightowlz 

I got the alert/notice/whatever on my iPhone & in my email the other day, too. Goodness, isn’t it nice to get those so we don’t miss out and run out?

I confess to not being the best at taking my Omegas consistently, despite knowing I should. I take them with dinner for the best absorption & often just forget to. I know I have quite a bit left and might not even need any! I don’t suppose I can get any volunteers to count what I have left?? Smiley Wink 

And this is yet another new, improved version!

@willdob3 

LOL!!! Count them. That's what I do.

I have been skipping some of my eye support so I only need a 6 month supply to last until the next TS.

I need at least 2 large bottles of the Omega 3. I don't skip those.

@Nightowlz 

I did just count... I have one unopened 360 bottle and 220 gel caps left in another 360 bottle. To get through a year, I need to order the 180 size.

I also refreshed my research on DHA (google loves me, research everything!). I can’t believe I’m doing this but, not only am I recommitting to taking these consistently, I am committing to taking them twice per day. Doubling the serving size of 2 gel caps per day. I did check into the new Algal DHA supplement and see no reason to add it; the TS is a better deal.

While I’m doubling the amount I take, I think I’ll just order the 720 size. That won’t make it quite to one year. I’ll end up 160 gel caps short of a year it I take it every single day. I’ll be able to pick up a 180 bottle on sale sometime if I do run low. Alternatively, if I don’t feel adding more makes a difference, I’ll have a huge amount left next year at this time! 

I am a bit annoyed with Andrew for suggesting that it is fine to take one gelcap per day and then the 720 bottle will last 2 years. Admittedly, a little is better than taking none and this may make it affordable for some but research supports higher amounts rather than lower. Even the 500 mg in 2 capsules is not a high amount. And even 1000 mg DHA is not high. Much higher amounts are known to be beneficial. 

@willdob3 

I have been taking 2 of his Omega 3 fish oil per day.

I heard him say last night you only need to take 1 per day.

I don't understand why he would say you only need to take 1 when it clearly states on the label the serving size is 2 if you want to consume the amount it states on the label???

I read the recommended dosage of total omega 3's is between 500 - 1000 milligrams per day depending on whom you ask? 1000 mg being the better amount to take IMO.

You can take too much. Said it's all about balance. We consume way more Omega 6.

I also read fish oil can oxidize & go rancid quickly so look for one with astaxanthin in it to preserve it. Rancid fish oil will more harm then good. Wonder why Andrew does not add astaxanthin to his Omega 3 fish oil???

I know he says there are no fishy burps or after taste which there usually is not but it has happened to me more then once with his fish oil. I don't like that.

I was going to up my dose but guess I will leave it at 2 per day.  

Now I need to decide if I want to take 2 Omega 3 or 1 of those & 1 of the Algal oil per day. I need to decide so I can order. 1 large bottle of fish oil is not enough since DH also takes it.

When it comes to Andrew's supplements, I have found that it's often the case where the serving size on the label is different from what he's suggesting to take. As in, his biotin product (HHS&N) says to take two caps per day but he says most people take one. Same with Eye Support, the label says two capsules per day but he usually recommends one.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Kindaglitzy I have the problem with the capsules sticking together with my Vitamin K2-MK-7. Even though I just got it this year, each day I shake it a little because they are stuck together.

I know they are fresh, and the expiration date is 10/2021, but I think that is one product that you don't use the "freshener" packets in the bottles. Could be wrong on that.

Anyway, I don't worry about it as I know it is fresh. Just bugs me. ha!

@World Traveler   Is the little packet to prevent sticking still in the bottle?  I removed mine, but kept it, then they stuck, so I put it back and shook the bottle, all okay now, but I shake the bottle every time I use a gel.

Super Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@CWS22 wrote:

Comparing last year's Maximum Omega 3 product (I still have my bottle) to this year's product (you can view the new bottle label on the site), it looks like all the levels of nutrients and oils have been reduced by nearly 20%. So how does that make it better?

Comparison of labels is as follows (based on serving size of 2 capsules).

Fish oil: 1,150 mg last year vs. 970 mg this year

Total Omega-3 fatty acids: 1,000 mg last year vs. 800 mg this year

DHA: 450 mg last year vs. 400 mg this year

EPA: 350 mg last year vs. 280 mg this year

DPA: 50 mg last year vs. 40 mg this year

Alpha-linolenic acid: 100 mg last year vs. 80 mg this year

@CWS22 

Where did you come up those amounts???

Here is the label on Today's TS.

You got the numbers correct for the Omega 3 Fish Oil you listed for last years TS but not correct for this year. Those are listed on this label.

Omega 3 Fish Oil Ingredients 2019.PNG

I mentioned in an earlier post today that they must've corrected the label & uploaded it this morning because the numbers I posted yesterday (Sat) afternoon were indeed what the label on HSN & ProCaps was showing. So someone must've seen my post and uploaded the correct/new label.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl @World Traveler 

That's not the TS Eye Support product. His Eye Support is TS next weekend not tomorrow. A larger size like 720 count I think it is will be available next weekend at it's best price of the year.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@mousiegirl @World Traveler 

That's not the TS Eye Support product. His Eye Support is TS next weekend not tomorrow. A larger size like 720 count I think it is will be available next weekend at it's best price of the year.

@Nightowlz   Right, I did a live chat at ProCaps yesterday and posted that info.  I think people who bought yesterday will be upset next weekend.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl If they call customer service, I am quite sure an adjustment to what they paid will be taken care of. I know QVC has done that for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Nightowlz 

I got the alert/notice/whatever on my iPhone & in my email the other day, too. Goodness, isn’t it nice to get those so we don’t miss out and run out?

I confess to not being the best at taking my Omegas consistently, despite knowing I should. I take them with dinner for the best absorption & often just forget to. I know I have quite a bit left and might not even need any! I don’t suppose I can get any volunteers to count what I have left?? Smiley Wink 

And this is yet another new, improved version!

@willdob3 

LOL!!! Count them. That's what I do.

I have been skipping some of my eye support so I only need a 6 month supply to last until the next TS.

I need at least 2 large bottles of the Omega 3. I don't skip those.

@Nightowlz 

I did just count... I have one unopened 360 bottle and 220 gel caps left in another 360 bottle. To get through a year, I need to order the 180 size.

I also refreshed my research on DHA (google loves me, research everything!). I can’t believe I’m doing this but, not only am I recommitting to taking these consistently, I am committing to taking them twice per day. Doubling the serving size of 2 gel caps per day. I did check into the new Algal DHA supplement and see no reason to add it; the TS is a better deal.

While I’m doubling the amount I take, I think I’ll just order the 720 size. That won’t make it quite to one year. I’ll end up 160 gel caps short of a year it I take it every single day. I’ll be able to pick up a 180 bottle on sale sometime if I do run low. Alternatively, if I don’t feel adding more makes a difference, I’ll have a huge amount left next year at this time! 

I am a bit annoyed with Andrew for suggesting that it is fine to take one gelcap per day and then the 720 bottle will last 2 years. Admittedly, a little is better than taking none and this may make it affordable for some but research supports higher amounts rather than lower. Even the 500 mg in 2 capsules is not a high amount. And even 1000 mg DHA is not high. Much higher amounts are known to be beneficial. 

@willdob3 

I have been taking 2 of his Omega 3 fish oil per day.

I heard him say last night you only need to take 1 per day.

I don't understand why he would say you only need to take 1 when it clearly states on the label the serving size is 2 if you want to consume the amount it states on the label???

I read the recommended dosage of total omega 3's is between 500 - 1000 milligrams per day depending on whom you ask? 1000 mg being the better amount to take IMO.

You can take too much. Said it's all about balance. We consume way more Omega 6.

I also read fish oil can oxidize & go rancid quickly so look for one with astaxanthin in it to preserve it. Rancid fish oil will more harm then good. Wonder why Andrew does not add astaxanthin to his Omega 3 fish oil???

I know he says there are no fishy burps or after taste which there usually is not but it has happened to me more then once with his fish oil. I don't like that.

I was going to up my dose but guess I will leave it at 2 per day.  

Now I need to decide if I want to take 2 Omega 3 or 1 of those & 1 of the Algal oil per day. I need to decide so I can order. 1 large bottle of fish oil is not enough since DH also takes it.

@Nightowlz 

Yes, I heard his comment about taking one per day, too. I’m certain it was to encourage those who find it too expensive. Taking a small amount is better than taking none at all, I guess. He makes this one if statement about supplements quite often but generally adds that taking the full amount recommended on the bottle is best, less will help but not as much.

I really haven’t seen much to support 500 mg DHA being anything other than a bare minimum. 1000 mg plus fatty fish in the diet a few times per week is more typical. The exact amount one needs varies from one person to the next but, without labs, it is impossible to know what one needs. Studies support as much as 5000 mg per day being beneficial.

Years ago, when I was deep into weightraining nutrition, I ate 5 times per day and took 1000 mg fish oil capsules at each meal. It was to enhance fat loss. Way back then, I’m positive that was not 1000 mg DHA. 

With all the talk about the best ratio of DHA/EPA I really don’t understand the value of the Algal DHA supplement. It doesn’t contain EPA & will change the ratio. I thought the ratio was important...? 

My diet really doesn’t give me a lot of omega-6. Just a bit from poultry and eggs.

Andrew’s Omega-3 supplements are formulated differently than most/all others and should not go rancid. He should probably mention that more often.