Trusted Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman TS

[ Edited ]

I've taken the ultimate eye support for the past few years along with astaxanthin. I'm counting on these working for me! There's age-related macular degeneration in my family and so far I'm in the clear, but I do have age-related dry eyes and also early-mid stage cataracts in both eyes. I don't think this supplement targets either issue. 

Gosh it's a pricey supplement, wish it was more affordable.

ETA Ive also been both cooking with turmeric and supplementing it for a while. There are all kinds of great benefits associated with it.

Frequent Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Ayone use the Ultimate Eye care? Or the Turmeric?  I use Hair Skin Nails.  Not use if they do any good.  His vitamins always get very good reviews but then some doctors say not to bother with supplements if you eat a healthy diet.  I could spend a small fortune if I took all the supplements that sound appealing to me!!

@bargainsgirl @Eating a healthy diet is not as easy as it sounds.You would be surprised if your tracked your nutrient intake for a few weeks. I thought I was getting plenty of nutrients but I used MyFitnessPal (great free app) to track nutrients for many months at a time and I could easily see how much I was lacking. For example, I was consistently not getting enough Vitamin C unless I made my own smoothies. I also made smoothies using as many fruits and veggies that are always noted for health benefits, such as blueberries, strawberries, avocado. I tried to add in greens to my smoothies , but briefly have stopped so that I can figure how to cook them enough to prevent food poisoning from them. I had to make many adjustments to what I was eating. I also  bought a few vitamins for the days I was low on Vitamin D, Vitamin C and I bought Centrum Silver for Women 50+ to take a few days a week on the days I didn't take the C or D. I was always looking for foods to add in natural zinc. This wasn't that easy. 

What Andrew does is akin to restaurants that feature À la cart items. He makes shoppers buy so many individually sold products. Sometimes there's overlap between the nutrients provided in different product that could result in over taking some. Be very careful if you choose to do this. Read the labels. His prices are high and some similar items can be obtained for less money and still be of high quality. Comparison shop after seeing what you're interested in and read the reviews from customers wherever you look. 

Great points @Mindy D.

Regular Contributor

@LuvmyLab I'm not sure if taking eye health supplements are supposed to be effective, but I usually take vitamin shoppe's brand "just in case" it may be beneficial  (The supplements include lutein, bilberry, and zeaxanthin).  Many years ago, my great aunt who had macular degeneration had told me that her eye doctor mentioned that eye health supplements (such as bilberry) may *possibly* help those who do *not* currently have any issues with their eyes.  Regardless, I thought that I should try to help prevent or lessen the chance for issues to occur by taking the eye health supplements.  (I also have "dry eye disease" and use moisturising drops as well as flax oil capsules, though also not sure that specific research has been shown that flax or omega 3's can help those with chronic dry eye.)

Super Contributor

I wouldn't be without the eye vitamins.  I noticed that my night vision has sharpened and I have no qualms about driving at night.  Many people in my age group prefer not to drive at night, but I feel very confident.  This is one product that I can really notice a difference.