Honored Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman TS Available to Order Now

The FDA is requiring different measurement for Vitamin A on labels starting in 2020 but Andrew has already made the change on UES. The amount of  Vitamin A is the same as last year but the measurement is different. Last year’s 2000 IU = this year’s 600 mcg RAE. 

Honored Contributor

My question is this: when talking about dosages, doesn’t the chemical form of the product make a difference in how much one takes?
If AL eye product has less Lutein in it, is this because his product is more effecient?
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@avid shopper wrote:

@Nightowlz

L+M Ing.PNG

Wondering where this label is from?  It is stating a 12mg of Lutein dose and I can't find that on the HSN product label.  Just want to make sure I get the right item this week.  Last week I ordered the wrong Omega and had to return.  Luckily they were nice enough to allow me to ship back for free.  

@avid shopper 

This is the label from his new Maximum L+Z product. The pic of the label came from his website.

What product are you looking to order?

@Nightowlz @willdob3 @Shelbelle 

I ordered this for DH who has a genetic predisposition for Macular Degeneration and recently also had cataract surgery.

My eyes also have been giving me trouble too.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:
My question is this: when talking about dosages, doesn’t the chemical form of the product make a difference in how much one takes?
If AL eye product has less Lutein in it, is this because his product is more effecient?

@LTT1 

what do do you mean by less Lutein? Less than what? It contains the recommended amount I have seen when doing research. 

Honored Contributor

I ordered the largest size but I really don’t need much more than the 360. I thought about getting the 360 and a small bottle but the difference in cost was so high that I couldn’t do it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just looked on the Vitacost site, they offer 4 different brands of Lutein that contain 40 mg, also GNC's Lutein is  40 mg, just sayin. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3 wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@LTT1 

what do do you mean by less Lutein? Less than what? It contains the recommended amount I have seen when doing research. 

@LTT1 

I would imagine Andrews products are superior in quality ingredients.

They say don't take supplements unless they have a USP Verified symbol on them so you know what they say are in them is what's in them.

I know Andrews does not have that symbol. I would not just take any over the counter product without it.

They can put what they want to in supplements. You never know what you are taking.

You know what they say you get what you pay for?

Respected Contributor

I didn’t order the Ultimate Eye because it had too much other stuff in it and I already take the Essential 1. I got the L&Z and Astaxanthin instead. 

Hope I did good.  

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I just looked on the Vitacost site, they offer 4 different brands of Lutein that contain 40 mg, also GNC's Lutein is  40 mg, just sayin. 

@Shelbelle 

Did someone say that Lutein is not available in other amounts?

The research supports 10mg and Andrew usually follows the research. Higher amounts may indeed be beneficial but without studies to support that, Andrew is unlikely to go there. 

He had had to have received quite a few requests for higher amounts to come out with the individual L&Z product. I think that is a good way to address the request without saying he supports higher amounts. Again, he follows the research.

Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

I didn’t order the Ultimate Eye because it had too much other stuff in it and I already take the Essential 1. I got the L&Z and Astaxanthin instead. 

Hope I did good.  

@Valstybaby 

That is one of the perks of taking his multis. I used to take a couple different multis from him and was able to cut out some individual supplements. I’d love to do it again but I run out of these supplements throughout the year rather than all at once so it would be difficult to find a good point to switch without wasting money on products I already have.