Super Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman TS 2-24-19

@tends2dogs wrote:

I ran out of the essential one and I can tell the difference!  I don't know how we happened run short this time around! 

Anyway, the formula isn't exactly the same as the last one.  There is no CoQ10 this time.  I know it was only 30 mg. but still, I am disappointed.  Oh well.  I am buying two of the 400 count.

Mr. Rebates is offering 3% for HSN.

Besides the elimination of CoQ10 in this year's Essential 1, I see that Andrew also cut the Vitamin A quantity in half. Last year a capsule of Essential 1 contained 5,000 IU of Vitamin A while this year it contains 2,500 IU.

He also made a change to the Vitamin E. Last year a capsule contained 70 mg (total natural tocopherols) while this year it contains 90 IU of natural crystalline Vitamin E. So it appears to be a different form of Vitamin E.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CWS22  As he states from time to time when he visits HSN, he is always updating and making the formula for his products better. Something the increase of one thing will mean the decrease of another ingredient so all of them can work more synergistically or harmoniously together for the best result.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CWS22 wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

I ran out of the essential one and I can tell the difference!  I don't know how we happened run short this time around! 

Anyway, the formula isn't exactly the same as the last one.  There is no CoQ10 this time.  I know it was only 30 mg. but still, I am disappointed.  Oh well.  I am buying two of the 400 count.

Besides the elimination of CoQ10 in this year's Essential 1, I see that Andrew also cut the Vitamin A quantity in half. Last year a capsule of Essential 1 contained 5,000 IU of Vitamin A while this year it contains 2,500 IU.

He also made a change to the Vitamin E. Last year a capsule contained 70 mg (total natural tocopherols) while this year it contains 90 IU of natural crystalline Vitamin E. So it appears to be a different form of Vitamin E.

Dis you buy 2 because you and hubby take them or just you? Deciding if I should order 2 for just me.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@mousiegirl 

I am sorry, I don’t know about Vitamin D! All I know is that this test is what my doctor ordered.

Would you please explain about Vitamin D to me?

This test says “hydroxy.” Does this mean hydroxy is part of the Vit D group?

@LTT1   Vitamin D3 is what is in Andrew's Essential daily vitamin, and it an important vitamin,  but if you google, you will get a much better explaination. Smiley Happy  

Vitamin D2 vs. D3: What's the Difference? - Healthline

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Thanks, @Nightowlz .  I always wondered about that.

My Vit D level is 92.  I take about 6 to 8,000 IU a day plus I am in the sunshine year round.  My PA wants it as close to 100 as possible, but not going over.  I went over once and she had me stop taking it for 3 months. 

I find it to be a mood elevator among other things......but then, so is sunshine.

@tends2dogs   My level was 120 last year, so was told to stop, but I can't stop as I believe in it so much, so went down to 2000 a day and will learn soon what the new level is.  

Valued Contributor

FINALLY!

i have been patiently waiting for andrew to call out brands sold in drug stores or grocery stores or wherever for NOT having enough of this or that ingredient to make them worth while. and last night, i got my wish.

i've known for a long time that most of the ones on the market, aren't worth the cost of the label and bottle that they come in, in terms of them providing the correct amount of ingredients. i just hope, even if people don't buy his multi vitamins, that they take a good look at whatever brand they are taking and compare the amounts to his.

he did show a chart with the brand names of some multi vitamins with a list of ingredients and the amount of each ingredient his has vs the others. drop the mic!

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Nightowlz  Thanks so much for the prices. Smiley Happy

Like someone said on another thread, it is interesting the amount he puts in bottles. For instance, the Essential 1 is a once-a-day supplement; but he sells it in a 400 count. I would think it would be 365.

Don't know how many Vitamin K2 he recommends, but again, 360 count bottle instead of a 365 or double that if you take twice a day.

Oh, well, what do I know. Smiley LOL

I do need to get the Essential 1; almost out. That is a good price. I will wait for the presentation, I think.

Thanks again! 

@World Traveler 

yes, we had this conversation a short while ago about the quantity amounts.

i don't remember if i said this before (oh, don't say it - LOL) but i suspect that many people, including me, miss a day here and there, so a bottle of 360 will actually last a year.

it could also be a pricing thing (in terms of the cost of ingredients), as to why some are less than 365 and some are more.

i vaguely remember (no, you still can't say it) andrew saying last year that some of the products that are over 365 are done on purpose in case the tsv isn't the same time next year.

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@iwrite  Smiley LOL  I'm working on it, I'm working on it! LOL!!!!  I just have to remember to get the memory and brain supplement! ha!

@World Traveler 

the item # is 512-704.

just an fyi
the 180 count is $15 more this month, then it was in jan.
the 360 count is $30 more then it was in jan.

how's that for my note taking skills? LOL

maybe the price will come back down in march or april

Valued Contributor

@CWS22 wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@CWS22 

thank you for posting this. i am new to andrews products and didn't know that each year, the ingredients can be slightly different.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@iwrite wrote:

@CWS22 wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@CWS22 

thank you for posting this. i am new to andrews products and didn't know that each year, the ingredients can be slightly different.

@iwrite He has mentioned that he sometimes (not necessarily each year) updates, improves the ingredients and their amounts as science/research shows it is more effective to the consumer to do so.