Esteemed Contributor
On 1/25/2015 Wildapple said:

The glucosamine/chondroitin product at Puritan's Pride is the HCI not the Sulfate form. The Sulfate form is the one that has the positive studies. Also, this formula has magnesium stearate which is used as a lubricant so that the machines filling the capsules don't stick. I like the fact that AL's products don't contain this.

I've used knock-off brands and I've used AL's and I just don't see the same good effects with the knock-offs. As to Andrew using scare tactics....really? I've never seen a vendor with a more calm, pleasant demeanor. He just presents the facts from research and reads reviews.

AL's Maximum Joint effort does contain MSM and turmeric.

sorry ,I was trying to quote two posts...{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor
On 1/25/2015 willdob3 said:
On 1/25/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 1/25/2015 Nightowlz said:
On 1/25/2015 willdob3 said:

Nightowlz, are you getting an error on the HSN site?

No error. I login with my username & password & click on enter & it does not do anything. I wanted to look at my history.

I just checked and had no trouble logging in to my account and checking my history. Perhaps clearing your cache might help? Just in case it's a browser issue, I use firefox.

This is a good suggestion. Clear it & then close/reopen your browser. That usually helps.

Thanks Buck-i-Nana & Willdob3 I cleared the cache & it now works. I'm using IE11. I have never had to do this before. DH said he just ran CCleaner & it's suppose to remove the cache when he does that.

Regular Contributor
On 1/25/2015 Shelbelle said:
On 1/25/2015 Wildapple said:

The glucosamine/chondroitin product at Puritan's Pride is the HCI not the Sulfate form. The Sulfate form is the one that has the positive studies. Also, this formula has magnesium stearate which is used as a lubricant so that the machines filling the capsules don't stick. I like the fact that AL's products don't contain this.

I've used knock-off brands and I've used AL's and I just don't see the same good effects with the knock-offs. As to Andrew using scare tactics....really? I've never seen a vendor with a more calm, pleasant demeanor. He just presents the facts from research and reads reviews.

AL's Maximum Joint effort does contain MSM and turmeric.

But, Lessmans still is made from shellfish. I have read this can significantly raise cholesterol levels. I feel much safer taking a vegan formula, even if it is not quite as potent, the benffits outweigh the risks for me.

We are all so different. My cholesterol at my last annual was 145 and I've been taking AL's for 15 years. And yes, Puritan's Pride does have a product with the sulfate form, but it still has magnesium stearate. I would rather pay more for AL's because they don't have this ingredient that my body doesn't need.

Respected Contributor
I take his glucosamine and Chrondrotin on daily so I stocked up for a year. I did not get the bundles because I can't afford both products. I did compare the product labels and the new version you need only 4 capsules compared to the 5 I take now.
Honored Contributor

I guess I am just being extra cautious using the Veg. formula. I dont want to take statins, and try to lower my chol. naturally, so I am always afraid to take something that may interfere with that. Dont want to try to influence anyone else, just making sure everyone is aware there is a veg. version for those that may be interested.

Honored Contributor

I see difference between the Maximum Joint Effort was discussed, thanks for clearing that up.

I am catching up on the programs, so I don't know if he's talked about Turmuric & Ginger at great length yet, but last weekend he rarely mentioned the Resverotrol part of the bundle at all and I was annoyed because that's the part I was interested in.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I am ordering the set of 12 travel bottles. I didn't realize those were available. I like to decant these massive tubs so I can put them in one of my kitchen cabinets. I bought small containers from eBay but they are wide and take up a lot of room. I think these will be a better fit in my cabinet. And at $9.90 it's a great price. I paid more on eBay for what I bought.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I'm confused about the scare tactics comment. If anything, I take exception to the fact that he only discusses the benefits of the product. I do a ton of reading (and have read a lot of boring studies) before I start taking a supplement and some of these have interesting side effects.

For example, last week, one of the side effects of that bundle (it was the Resveratrol product) was it can mess with the effectiveness of Allegra. I take Allegra, so this was important for me to know and pay attention to when allergy season comes along.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor
On 1/25/2015 Desertdi said:

Not my choice of vendor........he uses scare tactics

Gee, he never frightened me. I like his thorough explanations and I've used his Women's Complete for years. No side effects, no burping, etc. When I don't take them (if I let my supply run out accidentally) I can definitely feel the difference. Just about to order a new supply of WC this afternoon, as I only have a few left. I also take his Liver AntiOxidants, since liver disease has been a problem in my family in the past.Just a preventive whether I need it or not.

Honored Contributor

From WebMD:

Medications changed by the liver (Cytochrome P450 3A4 (CYP3A4) substrates) interacts with RESVERATROL

Some medications are changed and broken down by the liver.

Resveratrol might decrease how quickly the liver breaks down some medications. Taking resveratrol along with some medications that are broken down by the liver can increase the effects and side effects of some medications. Before taking resveratrol, talk to your healthcare provider if you are taking any medications that are changed by the liver.

Some medications changed by the liver include lovastatin (Mevacor), ketoconazole (Nizoral), itraconazole (Sporanox), fexofenadine (Allegra), triazolam (Halcion), and many others.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN