Frequent Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman Schedule with Specials indicated. . .

On 1/4/2015 VaBelle35 said:
On 1/4/2015 jpie said:
On 1/4/2015 sgraham30 said:

I am using the circulation and vein support (since October) but I don't know if it's doing anything for me.

I re-stocked the last visit, so I don't think I need anything this visit, but I will review my stock just in case.

I won't be without it. Before I started taking it, my ankles/feet would become so swollen as the day progressed that I couldn't wear shoes & it hurt to walk. I've been taking the product for probably close to 2 years now & my ankles/feet have stopped swelling A bonus for me was a reduction in cellulite on my thighs. I still have it, but nowhere near as badly as I used to.

I notice that the C and VS work well. Day to day I don't notice it much, but after a long airline flight, I have very little swelling of my feet and ankles when I take it (I double the dose before I board the plane).

Thank you! This is good information and I completely forgot about flying. I know when I fly more than 4 hours my feet and ankles swell so much that I book a pedicure for my arrival otherwise I can't get my shoes on the entire trip (people still talk about the fact that I wore flip flops for 4 days at a conference 6 years ago. LOL). I will definitely take a double does and take note of this as I have 2 coast-to-coast trips coming up in January and February.

And you know what's odd? My feet only swell VA to CA, not CA to VA. But I'll take it in both directions anyway.

WOW! This is good information for me too. Thanks for sharing. In my case, my legs would always feel tired, but that was nothing new. I didn't think of my situation as a problem, just that my legs were tired - seemed normal to me. I would come home and put my feet up and relax - worked great. My daughter would tell me I should take Andrew's C&VS, but it wasn't until I watched one of his presentations that I was sold. Been taking them for about 4 years now and YAY! Wouldn't be without it.

Respected Contributor

On 1/5/2015 LadyAmara said:
On 1/4/2015 aprilskies said: Can anyone who uses tumeric with ginger explain any difference they have been seeing? Or is it just more of a health thing?

Hi aprilskies.

I use to have aches and pains in my finger and knee joints but did a little research after improving my eating habits early last year and I discovered that Tumeric and Ginger both aid with inflammation. Not wanting to live off blood thinners, I started adding the seasonings (both powder form) to my cooking and after a while without really noticing, the aches had subsided. Of course the organic/raw herbs are best but sometimes I have to make do.

On Adrew's last visit, his research sold me and I bought the Tumeric with Ginger as well as the Ginger by itself. I take them on separate days. Even if I didn't have the aches, I would still buy the Ginger because I just love the fragrance - ha ha.

As of today, no aches or pain in finger or knee joints. Hope that helps.

Thank you, Ladyamara. This is helpful. I have both the powder forms but don't use them regularly. I even buy the fresh ginger and it always goes to waste. I want to start at least making some tea with it. I have read about all of the benefits, great to know they work. Thanks again.
Super Contributor

Secure is the only AL product I've ever returned. When I tried it, he used a different chemical sweetener, of which I can't remember. Now it's acesulfane potassium.

That product was so sickly sweet it made me gag, and indeed, I gag when I watch him drink it during the presentations, double strength! Yuk! I guess I'm sensitive to chem sweeteners.

I'm not using any meal substitutes anyway, as my diet is just getting better and wiser every year. I recently purchased some pea protein powder at WF, wondering if I should open it or return it. Was thinking of adding a little to my blended drinks.

AL vitamins are still my label of choice, though, and I buy them for my loved ones. - Bird

Trusted Contributor

If only Andrew's stuff were cheaper, I would have a pantry full{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Quality of AL products is unsurpassed. I have now streamlined to basic essentials Essential 1, Fish oil & vitamin D. I bought the marine collagen, too soon to tell if it is making a difference since I haven't been using it regularly. But will continue to use it for sometime, since I don't expect instant results.

I stopped using Healthy hair after several years since I didn't see great results with hair fall. Maybe it is hormonal. I think I may try the new turmeric blend, since turmeric & ginger are both excellent anti-inflammatory. I do use both in my diet, so not sure if should spend on supplements{#emotions_dlg.confused1} Would love to see what the new Resveratrol Blend is.

Honored Contributor

I have a whole Origami shelf system full of AL products. LOL I drank the Koolaid in the Spring when QVC changed Nature's Code. I loved my original Nature's Code multivitamin packs. Had no issues with them and felt really great on them but QVC could not tell me if these packets were going to continue to be updated periodically as they had in years past. They were not selling to new customers, only existing AD people could get them, so I felt like they were going to phase them out and not continue to invest in the research and development of these going forward.

I had taken AL's packs prior to NC and switched to NC because it was cheaper but I also felt a difference on NC. So I stuck with it. When QVC changed NC, I tried Kirkland's multi (but the gensing pill disturbed me as you are not supposed to take that every day long term, or so I read when I was researching, plus it made me a little jittery so I was throwing it out). I returned to Centrum Silver chewables, which I also liked but didn't feel as good on that as I had on Nature's Code. I decided to go back to AL and I went all in.

The jury is still out on all of it except for the Maximum Joint Effort and Energy & Fat Metabolisms Factors.

Astaxanthin - I started this in October as my ophthalmologist is always commenting on my floaters and dry eyes. I will see her again in July and see if anything has changed. I might switch to one of the eye supports when this runs out to see if that makes a difference.

Vitamin D3-2000 - I added this after my bloodwork came back in November. I'm in the 40s, which is not bad, but I know people talk about liking their D to be in the 60s and Andrew said he likes his D level to be in the 70s.

CoQ10 & TruQ10 - I take both of these in addition to what's in his multivitamin pack. I read on NIH or Mayo Clinic that more than 250mg is hard on the liver, so I try to keep within that between all 3 items.

Cholestacare/Fibermucil - I just started this about a month/6-weeks before my bloodwork, so I won't have a feel for this for at least a year when I go back and have it redone. My cholesterol is normal, but could always be lower and I come from a long line on both sides of my family of heart disease. This is our thing. We're not a family with cancer at all, but everyone (all 4 grandparents and my father) had heart disease and has died from it. My mother works hard with diet, exercise and preventive cholesterol medication to keep it at bay.

B Complex - This comes with the CoQ10/TruQ10. I don't know if I need the extra than what is already in the multi. I've read a bunch of stuff on safe limits and how much you need and I am on the fence as to whether I need the extra or not. I decided to start taking it after my bloodwork and will see if it does anything or not when I have my bloodwork done again in a year.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I can't find the other thread where we were discussing the Marine Collagen and reviews so I will post this here.

Andrew said that he is considering for July a TS with C&VS bundled with the Marine Collagen.

That might be a good opportunity to try it.

I can't believe he put that out there. He better deliver ;o)

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 jpie said:
On 1/4/2015 sgraham30 said:

I am using the circulation and vein support (since October) but I don't know if it's doing anything for me.

I re-stocked the last visit, so I don't think I need anything this visit, but I will review my stock just in case.

I won't be without it. Before I started taking it, my ankles/feet would become so swollen as the day progressed that I couldn't wear shoes & it hurt to walk. I've been taking the product for probably close to 2 years now & my ankles/feet have stopped swelling A bonus for me was a reduction in cellulite on my thighs. I still have it, but nowhere near as badly as I used to.

I notice that the C and VS work well. Day to day I don't notice it much, but after a long airline flight, I have very little swelling of my feet and ankles when I take it (I double the dose before I board the plane).

Thank you! This is good information and I completely forgot about flying. I know when I fly more than 4 hours my feet and ankles swell so much that I book a pedicure for my arrival otherwise I can't get my shoes on the entire trip (people still talk about the fact that I wore flip flops for 4 days at a conference 6 years ago. LOL). I will definitely take a double does and take note of this as I have 2 coast-to-coast trips coming up in January and February.

And you know what's odd? My feet only swell VA to CA, not CA to VA. But I'll take it in both directions anyway.

Update: I took a double dose before my flight from VA to CA yesterday and no swelling. Thanks again for this valuable tip.
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

None of the specials are of interest to me. I've learned to not get carried away with his vitamins. They are of good quality, but definitely don't need most of them.