Contributor

Andrew Lessman Phytoceramides

For anyone taking Phytoceramides how many are you teking daily? It says on the lable to take one or more daily. I want to get maximum benefit.

Thanks

Trusted Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman Phytoceramides

I take one per day.  Have noticed hair growth. 

Super Contributor

I usually take just one a day.  Sometimes I'll take two but not at the same time.  I've mainly noticed a softening of the skin on my face, like my face is glowing.  Must be because of having more moisture in my skin now which I needed I'm sure.

Honored Contributor

Two in winter when the heat is on, one in summer.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I take one daily. I see definite improvement in my skin's hydration.

Super Contributor

I have been using Andrew lessman vitamins for years! All kinds but never heard of these.

what are they for ?

Respected Contributor

@nougat wrote:

I have been using Andrew lessman vitamins for years! All kinds but never heard of these.

what are they for ?

It sounds like another expensive speciality product or his. He has marketed several of these to women. I like his vitamins but feel many of his other products are money grabs in my opinion such as Healthy Hair Skin and Nails. I won't use it. Better of taking a Biotin supplement at a fraction of the price. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nougat wrote:

what are they for ?

In a nutshell phytoceramides are a type of waxy lipid derived from plants which help the skin's ability to retain moisture leading to smoother and more supple skin. Much of these waxy lipids (ceramides) are naturally occurring in the outermost layer of the skin but as we age the amounts decrease resulting in dry skin. @nougat

Examples of waxy lipids include beeswax, ear wax, wax on the leaves of some plants and also the substance surrounding a newborn baby contains large amounts of ceramides.