Valued Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman - Phytoceramides TS Presale 9pm Pacific Tonight (6/14)

@JeanLouiseFinch - thanks for mentioning this.  It looked like something interesting to try, but my multivitamin and the Lessman Hair and Nails already have the biotin, so trying this without the added biotin is probably a good way to start out.  I have not ordered from Vitacost before.  

Honored Contributor

@ceekay wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch - thanks for mentioning this.  It looked like something interesting to try, but my multivitamin and the Lessman Hair and Nails already have the biotin, so trying this without the added biotin is probably a good way to start out.  I have not ordered from Vitacost before.  

@ceekayVitacost has excellent customer service and qualilty products.  I get most of our supplements from them and have most of them set up on an auto-ship schedule.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman - Phytoceramides TS Presale 9pm Eastern Tonight (6/14)

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@Nightowlz I put it in my coffee and there is no taste.  Like @VaBelle35 I have a full bottle unopened so l won't need another this time.  I just use 1 scoop.  I'm using it primarily for my bones, but do think it's helped with skin and nails.  It's the biggest container I've ever seen....we laugh every time I've gotten it.😀

@Suebdoo Do you take Vit C with it?

When I used the Neocell they recommend taking Vit C & MSM with it.

I see Andrew has MSM in his formula.

He generally puts what he needs to for the formula to work.

@Nightowlz I take a separate Vit C, plus the essential 1 which has C, at same time .

Honored Contributor

I buy pipingrock brand of phytoceramides. All it has in it is:

Lipowheat (Triticum vulgare) oil extract (non-GMO)(providing glycolipids, ceramides and glycosylceramides). No biotin. I don't want the biotin.

Honored Contributor

QVC Fan Boy, Andrew, was mentioning QVC France.  

He is so funny.  He wants to come back home in the worst way.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35

I really hope that never happens. I can’t see that being good for those of us who buy his supplements. 

Honored Contributor

If he goes to QVC, that would open up the window for Suzanne to come back to HSN.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Lipowheat (Triticum vulgare) oil extract (non-GMO)(providing glycolipids, ceramides and glycosylceramides). No biotin. I don't want the biotin.

@SilleeMee

Do all phytoceramides contain wheat?

Thank you

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee

Thank you

@butterfly123- jumping in here, if that's OK.  No, all phytoceramides do not contain wheat.  Instead of a wheat extract, there are those made from rice, and some made with something called Konnyaku (whatever that is) .  I've never taken this supplement, but it seems like the ones made with wheat are most common.  In poking around the internet, it seems the rice kind are more effective.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee

Thank you

No. There are phytoceramide supplements that do not contain wheat. Look for gluten-free variety. Those are usually made with rice and some are made from potatoes. @butterfly123

As for which is better...the stuff I've read about both rice and wheat phytoceramides appears there really isn't any significant difference and some claim rice is better by only about 4% in hydration increase. So to me it would not make any real difference which one to buy as long as you don't have any issues with gluten.