Honored Contributor

Andrew Lessman NEW Algal DHA 250

Plant Based DHA from algae. I saw this on his website.

Description 
Andrew Lessman's ALGAL DHA 250 is the result of our long search for a non-GMO, sustainable, plant-based source of nature's most important Omega-3 fat – DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid). Our DHA is not sourced from fish oil, but is instead isolated from algae, which is the same source that fish use to concentrate their own Omega-3s. Essentially, by using algae, we effectively “cut out the fishy middleman.” Our algae comes from one of the world's more unusual places – the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia Canada. This unique body of water experiences the world's greatest tidal differentials (50 feet daily) and it is this extreme environment that creates our unique strain of algae and its high concentration of DHA. Research has long shown that diets rich in Omega-3s, like DHA, are associated with superior heart, brain, eye, circulatory and general health; yet sadly, the American diet delivers alarmingly low levels of these precious fats. As essential as DHA is to life, it cannot be made by the body, and its only major sources are cold-water fish and fish oil supplements. By going directly to the source, our algae-based DHA is the most sustainable supply of the most important Omega-3 – DHA. Typical Omega-3 formulas focus on EPA and although essential, it is less costly and less beneficial than DHA. We have always focused on DHA, which is by far the predominant and most important fatty acid in the brain and eye. Although fish oil has long been praised for its myriad benefits, our ALGAL DHA 250 provides all the benefits of fish oil, but from a sustainable, plant-based source with NO mercury, NO contaminants, NO stomach upset and NO fishy aftertaste.

Capture.PNG

Honored Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman NEW Algal DHA 250

[ Edited ]

Lessman uses gelatin capsules.  I rarely take supplements, but this stops me from taking his.  Vegans don't eat gelatin.  This purchase would not be appropriate for vegans. I only purchase non gelatin capsules.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz I'm watching it right now. Very exciting news! Interesting how he explains getting it directly from algae. I might try this if it doesn't sell out. Seems he has a low inventory since they just manufactured it a week ago.

Trusted Contributor

This is awesome. It is super hard to source any fish now (and Andrew only uses the best he can find) that do not have toxins in them. Try as best he can, the ocean is just so polluted.

This also fills the need for vegans. That also mentions that it will be less costly.

I would not take any vitamin that is not in capsule form. Hard rock pills are not digested to the fullest, nor as quickly.

As expensive as he can be sometimes, I won't take any other brand. His freshness is unparallelled, he research is solid, he always uses the highest quality of ingredients. I watch every show he has, even if I do not need anything at that point, because I LOVE the education. Watching him allows for me to fully understand why I am taking something, and what results I should expect. I trust him and his products 100%, which is hard to say about vitamins since they are not regulated.

He also has one of the BEST customer service people ever!

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Lessman uses gelatin capsules.  I rarely take supplements, but this would stop me from taking his.

@phoenixbrd

That and the fact that the Bay Fundy is in pretty delicate balance ecologically.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz

Thanks for posting this. I missed most of the presentation on this. I’ll have to catch one or watch a video. 

I have a hard time believing that a plant source could equal an animal source so I’ll be interested to hear what A says.

Honored Contributor

I would love to try this. I just found out fish oil doesn't really work for me and I was looking to switch after I finish my last bottle. I may try this instead.

Thank you for making me aware of this.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have not watched a presentation, but based on reading the OP text alone, this doesn't impress me and it sounds somewhat deceptive to me.  I'm all for a high level of DHA, but I think becasue of the way this text is written many users could be fooled into believing this would be all one needs and that EPA or ALA is inconsequential.  That  would be a mistake. The label "Omega-3" includes EPA, DHA, and ALA, though in the text the comparison it sounds like Omega-3 = DHA alone.  EPA is very important to brain health, both cognitively and neurologically.  ALA has a long list of benefits as well.  This type of DHA may be a preferred option for vegans or vegetarians but it should be made very clear that they would need an EPA and ALA supplement to go along with it, to provide all the benefits of an Omega-3, 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz@Laura14@willdob3@Drythe

Exciting news ....I just heard!

AL will have a powdered Stevia sweetener coming out!

Wonder if he will replace the artificial sweetener in the powdered meal drink? YAY🎉 

Paleo: just as long as we don’t overdo the protein.

I am not jazzed about the HSN sound quality...it echoes. 👂 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 I saw that. I'm curious but not sure why I wouldn't just keep buying stevia? I'm sure he'll educate me when it's available.

@JeanLouiseFinch there are certain people like me who do not absorb Omega 3s from fish oil across the brain barrier where it's most useful. We need a different source. I'm kind of curious to see what people think of this.