Honored Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman (July 2015) TS List

@Suebdoo wrote:

I got the TS too.  I am wondering how much the MC will be next month w/ the 20% off....I mean will it go up to the $89 price.  Don't even know if I like it yet.  If it was $59 in January that's a jump.  Trying to decide on the turmeric too.  Anyone getting great results for joint pain?

After his July visitis the price will go back up to $89. You can still buy it for $69 on Andrew's site. That's his regular price. Even with the 20% off it would cost $71 plus shipping. Always best to stock up when he's on HSN & you can get flexpay & free shipping. I use his Turmeric & I think it must be helping me. I was having quite a bit of pain in my knees. I have been using the ProForm Hydrid Trainer for over a year now & taking the Turmeric so it's probably a combination of both. I will be buying the large Turmeric/Cranberry Benefits TS this weekend.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Starpolisher wrote:

Where do you get the 20% off coupon from?

If you order the TS you will receive the coupon.

Honored Contributor

Did anyone see the Consult Beauty on Evine this weekend showing HHS&N? The price on his was .50¢ per capsule vs. Andrews .14¢ per capsule on the 720 ct price. The CB has 8000 mcg Biotin for 2 capsules & Andrews has 4000 mcg Biotin. Do you really think you need more then 4000 mcg.? Even if you took 4 of Andrews the price is still better. Have not compared the other ingredients between the 2 products yet.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I never notice the % changes on Mr. Rebates.  I'm in for a lot this visit, so that extra 1% helps ;o)

This is my first year on AL and I'm learning that some of these large TS bundles don't get me through the whole year because I didn't check the pill count vs the calendar.

For example, the Cholestacare/Fibermucil TS was only about 6 months AND the pills didn't run out at the same time.  I original went on this when he had a special on the packets, so when the TS came around, the individual bottles of pills were significantly cheaper than the packets.  So I cancelled my autoship of the packets and bought the pills but didn't calculate what I needed correctly.  I'm also not sure I calculated the cost correctly last time.  I need @bebe777 here to calculate the savings for me.  LOL

I'm running low on CoQ10 and TruQ10, too.

So this visit I am buying gap coverage until the next TS for all these things. 

VaBelle, lol, I ventured over here because of your post on the Wen forum. Haven't been here in a while, but it's always good to chat about Andrew. Smiley Happy

I've been using Andrew's products since around 2007 (when I first purchased his amazing COQ10). I don't actually do the calculations about Andrew's products any more, mainly because the numbers are much easier to figure out than with Wen. Below are some basic rules of thumb: 

1) Prices at the H are always more expensive that at Procaps... with one teeny tiny exception... and I'll make you wait for this Smiley Wink --  For most of the year (non-TSV times), the H charges the MSRP price which is more than what Procaps sells the exact same items for. if you look at an item on the Procaps site, you'll see the MSRP price listed next to the "Your Price" price that you pay all year long at Procaps. Of course, the Procaps Your Price amount is maybe 10-15% less (I'm guessing here) than the MSRP that the H is charging. 

2) When Andrew is on the H, they offer special pricing on a lot of his supplements. If you check these specially priced products at Andrew's site you'll find that most of these prices are Andrew's every day "Your Price" lower prices. -- During visits, sometimes Andrew will take around $10 (for largest sizes) off of his regular "Your Price" products. The H simply will match these prices. -- The H Andrew's visit prices = Procaps every day prices -- Basically it's smoke and mirrors.

3) Since the H usually charges the MSRP for a bigger markup, this allows them to make the TSV values look even better. More smoke and mirrors. -- Bottom line, always shop at Procaps except at TSV time (when you can add in Mr. Rebates discounts, etc). -- For me, I am not a fan of the H, so I always go through Procaps because they also offer the TSV prices (and are much nicer). 

4) Save even more at Procaps site by choosing the auto-delivery option and saving an automatic 10% on each shipment. Try to combine your A/D orders so that you only have a single $7 S&H cost. -- Additionally you can get an additional 5-20% on purchasing multiples of up to 12 of the same item (e.g. additional 5% for 2, additional 10% for 3).

5) TSVs offer the best cost savings. Generally speaking the largest size TSV is about 70% of the daily Procaps "Your Price". -- TSV prices are not eligible for quantity discounts. lol, too bad. 

6) I used to purchase Andrew's Elite multi-vitamin. He's changed his pricing structure for his ultra multi-vitamins in the past year or two, so I've switched over to the Essential 1 w/ 3000 IU vitamin D. I get the sense that adding the TSV products to the Essential 1 multi-vitamin is now a better value than the Elite (but I haven't done the calculations on this yet). 

7) If you check through Andrew's Words of Wellness blog, you can get a sense of how the TSVs are staggered. -- There is a general pattern but unfortunately Andrew mixes it up sometimes. Andrew has four set visits a year (one every three months). There have always been at least two TSVs (sometimes with bundles), generally on successive sundays. -- Sometimes there are extra TSV from broadcasts at Procaps Labs (usually in late January/early February, early May, and/or mid-November). This year something is planned for September 13th (and it may or may not be done in conjunction with the H). -- From what I've seen, you can generally count on this Procaps schedule:

* January -- glucosamine/chondroitin -- Circulation & Vein -- Secure (New Year's weight loss goals) and sometimes Carnitine

* April -- Omega-3 -- Ultimate Eye Support (protect eyes from summer sun)

* July -- Hair, Skin & Nails 

* October -- COQ10 (killer crazy good price maybe 40-50% discount) -- frequently Vitamin D3 (the sunshine vitamin much needed in winter months) and possibly one of the calcium products

Additionally, at some point in the year:

* Essential 1 multi-vitamin

* Cholestacare (cholesterol lowering plant sterol) -- sometimes paired with FiberMucil

* Immune Factors (in the winter, I think)

* some sort of mix of resveratrol, ECGC, and/or pomagranate -- sometimes added to a TSV product and sometimes ordered as an additional product in a TSV bundle

Other that have occasionally made the TSV list: 

* Ultimate Friendly Flora 

* TruQ10 (ubiquinal - reduced/active COQ10, versus his October ubiquinone TSV)

* FiberMucil

* Phosphatidyl Choline

* Woman's Health 

* there are others, but I can't think of them right now. 

Because of a lot of complaining, Andrew has started to realize that he needs to include TSV sizes that will carry people through the year. So these days there is generally a 400-500 count TSV (for one cap per day) and a 720 cap count (if the suggested dose is 2 caps daily). Here are the main exceptions to this rule: 

* Secure meal replacement 

* COQ10 -- in the last few years, it has been 600 capsules of 200mg COQ10 for $250 or $199. I think they are hesitant to go to 720 caps because they want to keep the TSV price ceiling below the $200 mark. 

* glucosamine/chondroition -- about a 5 month supply. I've complained, and complained. They need to fix this.

* CholestaCare (not sure what the count is for this one)

And the one item that is sometimes less expensive at the H: phosphatidyl serine (which is really expensive). Maybe because it is so expensive, the Procaps price is frequently the exact same price as the H charges. So if you purchase a TSV and get one of these 20% or 25% off the H price coupons (which are usually for the month after one of Andrew's visits), then you will same money by ordering PS through the H. 

According to what I've heard Andrew is planning some sort of a "video" event on Spetember 13th. It's unclear as to whether or not this event will be done in conjunction with the H. It might just be streamed on the internet. It's all very unclear. -- Andrew's next visits at the H should be October 4th and October 11th. COQ10 (probably 600 capsules of 200mg COQ10) should be a lock, but it's unclear what the other TSV products will be.

-- bebe Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Bebe that is fantastic.  Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a detailed explanation. I have printed it out so I can log it into my calendar when I'm checking my extensive stock of pills in the basement.

I have occasionally ordered from ProCaps, so I will remember to use that during non-TS times.

I am looking forward to his Web Chats/Skype programs that he keeps mentioning.  He says they will be interactive (and the lawyers won't be on his case for making claims).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I take a ton of stuff for my joints, so it's hard to say. But I am seeing results that I think I can attribute to this.

Especially at 2 scoops a day!  LOL

VaBelle, have you tried his tumeric/ginger product? I got it in a bundle when I purchased his January glucosamine/chondroitin TSV. I forgot about it and didn't start using it until I broke my wrist (and had to have wrist surgery) in March. My wrist hurt and so I was looking for additional pain relief. I knew they each had anti-inflammatory benefits, but I wasn't sure how effective they would be. The turmeric/ginger combo definately helped.

Other products I take that have joint benefits include: Procaps glucosamine/condroitin for a few years along with MSM (in HS&N). I also take 2-3 grams of Nordic Naturals liquid Omega-3 daily.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Yes, I am taking Maximum Joint Effort and the Tumeric/Ginger.  I was taking the just regular glucoasmine/chondroitin but I wasn't feeling any difference.  I felt a difference with the Maximum Joint Effort in a few weeks and then added the Tumeric/Ginger on top of it because, well, why not?  LOL

And thanks for mentioning the MSM becuase I need to check the safe upper limits of that to make sure I'm not overdoing MSM since it's in both products.

I also take Circulation & Vein Support since I exercise a lot and fly a lot.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

You can take between 1500mg and 6g a day of MSM for osteoarthritis.

I'm in that window ;o)  1000 mg from the Max Joint Effort and 800mg from the HHS&N (if I take one).

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Coming attractions:

Barberry/Berberry - Other names include Berberis vulgaris, mountain grape, pepperidge, berberry,

This ingredient might be coming in the next 6-9 months will also help with blood sugar metabolism, glucose and a little with cholesterol as well.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Bebe that is fantastic.  Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a detailed explanation. I have printed it out so I can log it into my calendar when I'm checking my extensive stock of pills in the basement.

I have occasionally ordered from ProCaps, so I will remember to use that during non-TS times.

I am looking forward to his Web Chats/Skype programs that he keeps mentioning.  He says they will be interactive (and the lawyers won't be on his case for making claims).

VaBelle, you're most welcome about my calendar... it was off the top of my head so it's not as accurate as my Wen calendar, but it's pretty accurate. -- I only read this forum intermittently, so if there are any questions I can answer and I don't respond here then just cach me at the Wen forum.

I love Andrew but he's been talking about these interactive web things fow 2-4 years, so I'll believe it when I see it. I don't know what the hold up is but it never seems to happen. I just found out about this vague web thing that's scheduled for September 13th. I happened to get a chatty CS rep. she peobably wasn't supposed to share this info but, since she did, I really couldn't be expected to keep it to myselfSmiley Wink

And I'm guessing that stock of Procaps bottles is right next to your vintage Wen collection.Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Coming attractions:

Barberry/Berberry - Other names include Berberis vulgaris, mountain grape, pepperidge, berberry,

This ingredient might be coming in the next 6-9 months will also help with blood sugar metabolism, glucose and a little with cholesterol as well.

VaBelle, did he mention this ingredient on the air? I didn't catch this but then I tend to fast forward through the parts of the presentation when the hosts are talking. 

I've never even heard of this ingredient but that's Andrew for you... he's way ahead of the vitamin info curve.

-- bebe Smiley Wink