Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman Collegen TS ?

@CoastalGal wrote:

@Suzeecat wrote:

I love AL supplements and take quite a few.  I was disappointed in his collagen.  I was taking a different brand that I purchased from Amazon but the price skyrocketed, so I tried Andrew's when it was on special.  I noticed my hands started to ache and remembered they hadn't felt that bad since I had started the original collagen.  Then, Vital Proteins collagen went on sale at Costco and I switched to that brand.  I was pleasantly surprised the the hand pain that returned with I was taking Andrew's collagen went away soon after starting the Vital Proteins collagen.  I guess Andrew can't be the best at EVERYTHING! 

any idea what the difference in ingredients is ?    

I didn't make the connection until I started taking the Vital Proteins and the pain went away.  By that time I had already discarded the AL packaging.  The Vital Proteins brand is less expensive and works for me, so I'm going to stick with it as long as the price is good.  It's actually on sale right now at Costco, $8 off the regular $30 for 24 oz. (34 servings).

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suzeecat wrote:

@CoastalGal wrote:

@Suzeecat wrote:

I love AL supplements and take quite a few.  I was disappointed in his collagen.  I was taking a different brand that I purchased from Amazon but the price skyrocketed, so I tried Andrew's when it was on special.  I noticed my hands started to ache and remembered they hadn't felt that bad since I had started the original collagen.  Then, Vital Proteins collagen went on sale at Costco and I switched to that brand.  I was pleasantly surprised the the hand pain that returned with I was taking Andrew's collagen went away soon after starting the Vital Proteins collagen.  I guess Andrew can't be the best at EVERYTHING! 

I didn't make the connection until I started taking the Vital Proteins and the pain went away.  By that time I had already discarded the AL packaging.  The Vital Proteins brand is less expensive and works for me, so I'm going to stick with it as long as the price is good.  It's actually on sale right now at Costco, $8 off the regular $30 for 24 oz. (34 servings).

I have to agree....I buy the Vital Proteins at Costco and it works!  I didn't like the MSM in AL's products...I tried both the Marine & the bovine.  My pain stayed the same...zero change.  I even stopped using all collagen supplements then for a good while as I thought they don't work for me.  

Then I tried the Vital proteins and I don't have the lower back/hip and neck shoulder pain like I used to constantly.  I have alot of spinal OA from my neck to my lower back and I think using this helps alot.  You can get it on sale every 3 months usually at Costco so buy what you need for that time frame and then it will be back on sale.  THey even have chocolate...haven't tried that one yet.  I put mine in my yogurt everyday and myTruNature verisol collagen in my morning coffee.  HTH

Edit: I also get the Verisol from Costco on sale at great deals! 1 scoop in coffee and then 1 scoop vital proteins in yogurt.

Honored Contributor

@CoastalGal wrote:

When is Andrews Collegen Peptides TS ~ I checked my order from last year and it was in September .

@CoastalGal @tends2dogs 

Andrew's TS is available on his site plus HSN right now if you want to order now.

Trusted Contributor

Can anyone tell me the difference in the AL Free Range Collagen and Consult Health Colla Holla Bioactive Collagen (ShopHQ)?  Here are the ingredients of the Consult Product:

Collagen Blend: Hydrolyzed bovine collagen peptides, Bovine bone broth hydrolyzed protein, hydrolyzed fish collagen (Peptan® F), chicken cartilage type-II collagen & egg membrane collagen (Bovine-Verisol®) 2500 mg ** Other ingredients: Silica.**Daily Value (DV) not established. *Percent daily values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Frequent Contributor

@Suzeecat I like Vital Proteins and picked some up yesterday when I was at Costco. But it's not cheaper. I paid $21 for 34 servings. I'd have to spend more than double to get the 360 servings that's $99.
Respected Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@Suzeecat wrote:

@CoastalGal wrote:

@Suzeecat wrote:

I have to agree....I buy the Vital Proteins at Costco and it works!  I didn't like the MSM in AL's products...I tried both the Marine & the bovine.  My pain stayed the same...zero change.  I even stopped using all collagen supplements then for a good while as I thought they don't work for me.  

Then I tried the Vital proteins and I don't have the lower back/hip and neck shoulder pain like I used to constantly.  I have alot of spinal OA from my neck to my lower back and I think using this helps alot.  You can get it on sale every 3 months usually at Costco so buy what you need for that time frame and then it will be back on sale.  THey even have chocolate...haven't tried that one yet.  I put mine in my yogurt everyday and myTruNature verisol collagen in my morning coffee.  HTH

Edit: I also get the Verisol from Costco on sale at great deals! 1 scoop in coffee and then 1 scoop vital proteins in yogurt.

Andrew's is 5G per scoop, Vital Protein is 10G per scoop and they recommend two scoops so 20G, so if you were only taking 5G (one scoop) of Andrew's that could be why you were not seeing the same benefit?

Honored Contributor

I dont do powders mixed in liquid, so I have to find good collagen supp in capsule or tablet form, I have found some very good ones.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I started with AL's Marine Collagen Peptides and at first that was the only option. I had recently had a total knee replacement and some following issues with going up and down stairs. After a couple months I noticed stairs got easier, and attributed that to the marine collagen peptides. When the free range became available and the marine pricing went through the roof, as Andrew said it would, I switched to his free range.

I'm not sure I have noticed a difference between the 2 types, but I've continued to put 2 scoops a day in my morning coffee.

At one point I saw somewhere that marine was better for hair, skin and nails, though also joints; and the free range was better for joints, but also hair skin and nails.

Has anyone here taken both and noticed a difference in effectiveness? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Thats Me , I took AL's Marine collagen for a while. Then I read that marine, beef, poultry, egg collagen all do different things. So, I'm now taking Colohola from ShopHQ, which has all of the above. I haven't noticed anything with eiter. However, I'll take my chances with taking collagen inside me rather than slathering it on my face. 

Trusted Contributor

@febe1 @Yes I agree, would not expect real results from topical application! Thanks for your reply!