Super Contributor

Andrew Lessman CoQ 10 tsv dates?

Does anyone know what month this is usually the TTV? Kind of pricey , even discounted today. Plus no flex pay, which is unusual. Thank you in advance, Susi.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman CoQ 10 tsv dates?

@Susic I purchased his CoQ-10 when it was a ts last October. That and free shipping saves a few $$.

Frequent Contributor

Check Amazon for Doctor's Best(brand name) COQ10. Contains bioperine for better absorption.  Good prices.

COQ10 vital when taking statins.

Super Contributor

Thanks will check out Amazon. Will get some to tide me over til October. Started on statin, so need to use this supplement . Last time I tried statin, my legs ached after a while..

Valued Contributor

I have taken Lessman's COQ10 in the past but have always wondered why he does not include black pepper. When he is on, I  listen, hoping he will address it. Everything I read says it should be included for better absorption.

Honored Contributor

Andrew's CoQ10 TS is always in Oct.

It's best if you take your CoQ10 with fish oil plus food for better absorption.

There are 2 forms of CoQ10 ubiquinone & ubiquinol. Ubiquinol has a faster absorption rate.

Retailmenot has a $10 off $30 coupon on their site for HSN.

Respected Contributor

Consumer Lab is a private, individual lab that tests supplements for quality, contamination, and efficacy.  Depending on dosage needs and if you want enhanced bioavailablity, they recommend different products.  I would be glad to look up their recommendations for you if you know the dosage you want and if you want enhanced bioavailability.  

I just started statins and based on their recommendations, am getting ready to order Doctor's Best High Absorption CoQ10 w/BioPirene 100mg.  It is $14.49 on Amazon for 120 softgels.  Taken once a day, this is an economical 4-month supply.  100mg daily is what their article says is recommended if you take statins.

Super Contributor

I read somewhere that 200mg is the dose to take on statins. So was going with that dose. I just bought a bottle of Nature Made at Walgreens to get started til I figure out which make and dosage is best. They have a bogo right now so that helps. Appreciate any info. you have on what you have found to be the best brand and dose. I have been taking fish oil for a few years. Thank you all for responses! Susi.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susic, this "blurb" by Dr. Weil sums it up best...

There is no official Daily Value recommendation, but Dr. Weil suggests at least 90 to 120 mg of supplemental CoQ10 for any adult taking statin medications and for those with a family history of heart problems, or who is at increased risk for cardiovascular disease. This dosage is also appropriate for otherwise healthy men and women as a preventive measure and to help maintain a healthy cardiovascular system. Coenzyme Q10 is fat-soluble, so take the supplement with a meal containing fat. Seek out the soft-gel ubiquinol form when taking CoQ10 as a standalone supplement, as this has greater antioxidant efficiency than the ubiquinone form.

Super Contributor

Thank you Tgbtg for taking time to post all the information. I will definitely look into what you have researched. Good to know what others have experienced, as some of the on line sites aren’t very helpful or slanted towards their products. Susi