Respected Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman Annual TS Schedule - 2019

I checked the label... Andrew opted to include phosfolipid complex instead of the black pepper..recalling a high school biology class lipids are fats.
Honored Contributor

YES, it's a fat.  He said that turmeric is resistant to absorption, so the pepperine or fat is what makes it absorbable.

He said that in Indian diets, it's consumed with fat, so it makes sense to add the fat to the turmeric.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

VaBelle35. There seems to be some disagreement between Andrew and Dr. Wiehl. Dr.Wiehl says sprinkling the turmeric as a spice is sufficient but Andrew has stated Only to consume the standardized extract. He claims the standardized extract is more beneficial than the spice on the racks.
Honored Contributor

re Berberine

He doesn't do long presentations on these with research charts because it's very expensive and you have to take 6 pills a day for best results.

He usually presents it along side cinnamon for dabetic health, but it also has cholesterol lower properties.  It inhibits cholesterol.

When he speaks of these ingredients, you can go out to Pubmed or Google Scolar and put in the term (ex. Cholesterol berberine) and the research papers will come up.

You can read the extracts and consultions, but if you read the papers entirely, it tells you how much dosing was giving in each study.  You can also see how many studies were done, the types of studies (not all studies are created equal) and whether it is on people or animals.  This is how Andrew develops his formulations.

The papers on studies as part of the famous Nurse's  Study are the most interesting to read.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Question for the ladies who know.....do you take your C&VS (2 caps) in the morning with breakfast?  

Also, the Glucosamine & Chondroitin....take the same?

I do take thyroid medication and always do that 1st thing in the morning and wait several hours to eat and take supplements.  I take my calcium with lunch and then more at dinner time that way it is 4hrs away or more from my thyroid meds.

I am hoping I see some positive effects from these 2 products....I have one ankle a bit bigger then the other...I have been struggling with plantar fasciitis for more then a yr (yep already got treated from foot doc and it didn't help at all!) Plus OA .....thur out my spine and hip pain too.  

I hope 30days shows me that these would help some and be worth keeping....otherwise I know they can go back but that would be a big bummer!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

So I keep going back and forth ~ on which size to buy for the leg circulation and vein support ~ i dont have swollen legs or vericose veins ~  now that I am in my 50's my legs seem to get more fatigued then normal after exercising ~ i'm going  between the large size - 720 or the 360 ~ 

Respected Contributor

I know what you mean....I can't make up my mind if I should get the tumeric also with the C&VS!  that way I get the 10.00 discount....I keep thinking will I take all this? LOL

Just picked up the cookbook for $5! 

I do tend to get the biggest bottle....that would be my suggestion if that helps any!

Trusted Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

I know what you mean....I can't make up my mind if I should get the tumeric also with the C&VS!  that way I get the 10.00 discount....I keep thinking will I take all this? LOL

Just picked up the cookbook for $5! 

I do tend to get the biggest bottle....that would be my suggestion if that helps any!

Yea ~ i am not great about taking it every day ~ i really wish he had 9 month size ! 

I will say I went back and forth on the tumeric~ but I started taking You Theory~ ( they sell it at Costco ~ and I actually noticed it was working ~ I had one finger that the knuckle was getting dare I say arthritic and one day i noticed it wasnt stiff any more ~ and you theory is def less money and had more tumeric in each capsule 

Trusted Contributor

Ordered the big one ~ the 360 was on extended delivery so it made the decison easy

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

re Berberine

He doesn't do long presentations on these with research charts because it's very expensive and you have to take 6 pills a day for best results.

He usually presents it along side cinnamon for dabetic health, but it also has cholesterol lower properties.  It inhibits cholesterol.

When he speaks of these ingredients, you can go out to Pubmed or Google Scolar and put in the term (ex. Cholesterol berberine) and the research papers will come up.

You can read the extracts and consultions, but if you read the papers entirely, it tells you how much dosing was giving in each study.  You can also see how many studies were done, the types of studies (not all studies are created equal) and whether it is on people or animals.  This is how Andrew develops his formulations.

The papers on studies as part of the famous Nurse's  Study are the most interesting to read.

@VaBelle35  The label states one-two capsules three times a day, implying that three could be fine, DH takes four, maybe up it to five.