Esteemed Contributor

My teeth are sensitive for a few days. Then I'm usually fine.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Kachina624  I don't know many people who would say when they walk of a dentists office the visit is forgotten.  You are very very fortunate. 

@Sooner    I was a patient at the University of Texas Dental School for about 4 years.  Most weeks during the school year, I had a 4 hour appointment every Friday afternoon.  Students are very slow as every move they make must be checked and approved by an instructor.

It became so routine that I even fell asleep while my student was drilling.  I never had any lasting pain or discomfort. 

Prior to these visits, I had regular 6 month checkups my whole life by my regular dentist.  I inherited terrible teeth. I shake my head in wonder when people express fear of the dentist.  I enjoyed working with the young budding professionals at the dental school. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Oh, the Prevident promise.   I have tried several different prescription toothpaste over the years and never had any luck.

I hope it works for you.

@Abrowneyegirl it takes time, but it does help with the sensitivity.  It's worthless for pain associated with dental work, but that's not what it's for.  My insurance will no longer pay for it, but a friend recently gave me two bottles since her dentist had changed her over to something else.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Oh, the Prevident promise.   I have tried several different prescription toothpaste over the years and never had any luck.

I hope it works for you.

@Abrowneyegirl it takes time, but it does help with the sensitivity.  It's worthless for pain associated with dental work, but that's not what it's for.  My insurance will no longer pay for it, but a friend recently gave me two bottles since her dentist had changed her over to something else.

I used it for years.  I have an area that has some recession and was sensitive to cold.  

There are many generic versions out there that are cheap if your insurance does not cover it.

I was able to solve my sensitivity 95% after switching to an all-natural toothpaste.  All those years I wasted using the Rx toothpaste, and I found relief using a simple all-natural toothpaste.  I noticed the improvement in weeks.

A holistic MD suggested it.   It is a fairly common problem that they now think is being exasperated by chemicals.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

That sounds awful! I think some people just have more sensitive nerve endings in their teeth than others and pain in one can have a cascading effect on the rest.   Not sure why people have to be dismissive of another's personal experience because they don't experience it themselves.
Sorry you're going through this. 

@GenXmuse    Do you always have to be so snarky?  The OP asked a question.  I answered.  I don't see anyone on this thread being dismissive except you.  

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

That sounds awful! I think some people just have more sensitive nerve endings in their teeth than others and pain in one can have a cascading effect on the rest.   Not sure why people have to be dismissive of another's personal experience because they don't experience it themselves.

Thank you for your kind words. Heart

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@GenXmuse    Do you always have to be so snarky?  The OP asked a question.  I answered.  I don't see anyone on this thread being dismissive except you.  

We must see things very differently then. 

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

Thank you for your kind words. Heart

You're very welcome. 💗

Respected Contributor

I had a triple bridge put in a few months ago. The first day I ate some ce cream it migrated over to that side and I almost hit the roof! Heat was just as bad. It has slowly gotten better but I'm still sensitive.

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, me too.  One of the best things my dentist has done for me is to prescribe a high flouride toothpaste.  Honestly, it has done wonders for the strength of my teeth. 

I've had many procedures (including new fillings) that were horribly painful.  The work was very close to a nerve, and man oh man it hurts.  I had some pain a few months ago that had me worried, but it's subsided.

Cogito ergo sum