Honored Contributor

Re: Am I being ridiculous? I’m afraid to eat my baby spinach because there have been so many recalls

@Mindy D.  Do you plan to quit eating because you might get sick?  The world is full of harmful bacteria.  You can make yourself crazy trying to avoid all of it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Am I being ridiculous? I’m afraid to eat my baby spinach because there have been so many recalls

If it makes you feel better, I regularly throw that brand in my smoothies; the latest time last night. Still here! Smiley Very Happy
Super Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

My husband was nice enough to pick up a container of organic baby spinach at Publix. I want to add it to my smoothies but I’m feeling hesitant this time. Last two times he picked up bags of Dole Baby Spinach. This time the spinach is Organic Girl. I checked and there are past recalls from both companies. The recalls were years ago but I’m suddenly feeling nervous about using the spinach raw. Am I being too wimpy?

No, you are not being ridiculous!  Every time there is a ground beef recall, I avoid it no matter where it originates.  DH thinks I'm being neurotic but I like to think I'm being responsible and looking out for my family's best interest.  Gotta do what you gotta do!!

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:
If it makes you feel better, I regularly throw that brand in my smoothies; the latest time last night. Still here! Smiley Very Happy

The neurotic me is laughing while at the same time asking; “what if you’re  in the incubation period?😁

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

The neurotic me is laughing while at the same time asking; “what if you’re  in the incubation period?😁

OMG I am dying laughing! If I never post again, sue them for me, will you? Smiley LOL

@Mindy D 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

This is the way your thread pulled up on my iPad.

I was afraid about you eating a baby & all....😆

15DF756F-67BF-408E-986B-E5F3AD819976.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

If you are that scared, then wash the spinach.

@Anonymous032819   You can not wash  E. coli off of vegetables.

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Mindy D 

LOL I'm on a PC and that's how it looked on my screen, too!  I just had to click on this thread to see what kind of baby she was afraid to eat.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Mindy D 

LOL I'm on a PC and that's how it looked on my screen, too!  I just had to click on this thread to see what kind of baby she was afraid to eat.

I’m giggling way too hard over this....

hee

Esteemed Contributor

Funny, I never thought of myself as a risk taker, but I guess that I am.  Because every day I eat a salad for lunch - and it’s all raw vegetables. I must like living on the edge after all. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett