Contributor

Can anyone recommend an aluminum free deodorant? Apparently I have been living under a rock, as I am just finding out that it causes breast cancer! Where have I been?

Honored Contributor

Do some research. You're fine using your regular deodorant. Nothing has been proven.

Honored Contributor

I like Alvera, available on alot of vitamin sites and Pureformulas.com

Trusted Contributor

Tom's of Maine

Honored Contributor
On 1/11/2015 pas4116 said:

Tom's of Maine

agreed. You can find it anywhere and is around $5. Works great.

Trusted Contributor

I use Crystal Essence in the pomegranate scent.

Super Contributor

Lately I always check ewg ratings/discussion of ingredients.

http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/browse/antiperspirant;;deodorant/

Some recommended are only in health food stores, but there are also good mainstream ones like Almay and Ban.

I would rather stay away from aluminum and several other ingredients they warn against.

I've been happy withKiss MY Face solid deodorant - no bad ingredients and it does the job.

So why stick with aluminum??

Honored Contributor

If we responded to every reported scare, we'd all be living in caves and smelling pretty bad.

Respected Contributor
Currently I am using Tom of Maine. It is fine for me. At first it was tough giving up antiperspirant but it has been fine. On weekends, I wear no deodorant at all. I am not overly active so I dont find I smell. Although, if I am around other people than I will put some on just in case. I will try other brands when I am finished with the one I have.

I did not switch because of the scare, I am trying to switch to more natural brands where I can. I have been using the other stuff for a lifetime and am fine.

Contributor

My friend swears by fresh limes. She just cuts a slice and applies it by lightly rubbing on the armpits. I've tried it and it does work fantastic against underarm odor, but it isn't an antiperspirant. Also, after using a few days my skin started to get irritated from the acid in the lime juice.