Honored Contributor

I love reading this, @hyacinth003.  Congratulations!  

I am doing my my best to do the same.  It’s slow going.  Did you do LCHF, if you don’t mind sharing.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

Re: Almost off insulin

[ Edited ]

@tansy wrote:

I love reading this, @hyacinth003.  Congratulations!  

I am doing my my best to do the same.  It’s slow going.  Did you do LCHF, if you don’t mind sharing.

@tansy... I am sure you probably know this but have you had a C Peptide test done? It will tell you just how much insulin you actually produce. At a certain number some Type 2 diabetics have no choice but to take insulin no matter what they eat. The longer someone has diabetes the more likely their pancreatic function will decrease. Some Type 2 diabetics will lose most of their beta cells and no diet in the world will re-juvenate them.

edited because moderation removed the offensive post.

Respected Contributor

That is amazing news @hyacinth003 ...keep up the great work and I hope you can eventually come off all of the meds. I have a really good friend, who like you, made some lifestyle changes and eventually he did not have to take any more meds for his diabetes!

Honored Contributor

Re: Almost off insulin

[ Edited ]

I am not sure if I’ve had that test, @Trinity, but I will ask when I’m back home in April.  I’m 20 plus years in.  ETA:  Deleted because the offensive post is gone. 

OT I know you can’t help but I am trying to figure out the missing five you mentioned earlier:/

Honored Contributor

I am glad you are still taking metformin. I will stay on my diabetes meds even though my numbers are lower than yours

I have thyroid problems ,and I simply don't make enough hormones, to keep my blood sugar normal

I am old, and I don't expect I will ever be able to  go into remission, but ,I am still careful and  want to insure I have the best quality of health, and life, I can

Diabetes is sneaky ,and treacherous, keep your guard up ,and keep up the good work

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I am glad you are still taking metformin. I will stay on my diabetes meds even though my numbers are lower than yours

I have thyroid problems ,and I simply don't make enough hormones, to keep my blood sugar normal

I am old, and I don't expect I will ever be able to  go into remission, but ,I am still careful and  want to insure I have the best quality of health, and life, I can

Diabetes is sneaky ,and treacherous, keep your guard up ,and keep up the good work

Well said @cherry . O/T...so very happy to see you here.Heart

Honored Contributor

Atta girl!!!

Respected Contributor

Terrific, congratulations 🎉.

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations, @hyacinth003  on an amazing accomplishment on your weight loss and A1C numbers. Be very diligent with your testing and continue the Metformin for your safety. That's a huge WOW!! 

@cherry  So happy to see you again! Hope all is well with you and Mr. Cherry.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.