Respected Contributor

I finally saw a Dr. last Thursday for allergy testing.

What I didn't know was that afterwards for who knows how many days, it feels like I have 25 mosquito bites on my back.  Whoa, do they itch.  I should have made the connection but I didn't. 

Not complaining, just saying.    If you have it done, expect to itch for days and days.  

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal  I had allergy tests and never experienced that.  They did both the patch test and the needle tests on my arms.  I only have moderate mold allergies and no others so maybe if you have many allergies that could be why.

Honored Contributor

Ive had allergy tests and some of the areas on my back from the tests got red and really itched! 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal    Between the dust and the juniper, you're living in a bad place for allergies.  I've known people who had to move out of NM because their juniper allergy was so bad. 

I've been meaning to ask you if you ever found a house?  Or maybe y'all decided to build one? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal- Itching is a sign of sensitivity and it should itch for days.  The doctor's should have given you something for the itching.  Try OTC Benadryl.  It will make you sleepy.  Half dose during the day and full dose at bedtime.

If no relief, contact your allergist.

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Bridgegal- Itching is a sign of sensitivity and it should itch for days.  The doctor's should have given you something for the itching.  Try OTC Benadryl.  It will make you sleepy.  Half dose during the day and full dose at bedtime.

If no relief, contact your allergist.

Interesting that you mention Benadryl.  He asked what I'd been doing/taking and I told him one OTC Children's Benadryl.  He said to stop taking any Benadryl.  Numerous studies have show a connection with dimentia and other things that aren't good.  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Bridgegal    Between the dust and the juniper, you're living in a bad place for allergies.  I've known people who had to move out of NM because their juniper allergy was so bad. 

I've been meaning to ask you if you ever found a house?  Or maybe y'all decided to build one? 

Yes, we bought and moved in 4 Fridays ago.  I tested very high on most trees, pollen, grasses and weeds.  The things I'm not allergic to are things that aren't even here.  😆We aren't moving again so I just hope the regime he has me on helps.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal 

It's unprofessional of a doctor not to take better care of you.

I would have called them the moring on the second day or the afternoon of the test if possible.

I am very high in allergiesaccording to the top allery group here..  The nurses use "anti itch" spray after my allergy shots.

Honored Contributor

I had allergy testing done a few months ago.  All of my test spots were back to normal by the evening or next morning.  You can take some Benadryl to calm the itching.  

Honored Contributor

The problem with them being on your back is that with clothes on and laying on your back the skin heats up so it's like it's re-triggering again.

I had the one for preservatives done about 2 years ago.  That is a week long saga and you can't wear a bra or anything tight because you have all these plastic tags on your back for several days then you have to go back mid week to have it looked at and then back on Friday to have the tags removed (the ones that haven't fallen off by then).  Very expensive and not worth the money or the time.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN