Honored Contributor

Allergies - how to reduce their impact and make your body healthier - some suggestions:)

Hi @quadmimi, one of the mods decided that the Lessman topic was off topic in the Wen forum... despite the fact that a number of Wenners look for the notification in that forum... which was why I gave an explanation as to why I posted it there. Then, instead of moving it here, she deleted it.  *sigh* Oh well.

I talked to my friend and below are the suggestions we came up with to help you minimize your allergies: 

1) irrigate your sinus passages with the neti pot and add some special Himalayan neti pot slat to the water. -- You've already done this with some positive results.

2) Andrew Lessman -- purchase his Ultimate Friendly Flora today while it is $10 off regular price (for largest size) and you have free S&H. -- I'd recommend that you get either the 90 count size of the 180 count size if you can swing it. -- Either one should give you enough time to see how it works for you. 

Your intestine has a barrier function to keep the body's waste products separated from the rest of your body. If it is inflamed this barrier function doesnt' work as well and bad stuff can get info your system (i.e. leaky gut syndrome). -- Probiotics (friendly flora) help to nurse a weakened/inflamed intestine back to health and full barrier function. 

There is a regular Friendly Flora (half the price but one fifth the quantity). Your body needs the full strength stuff.

3) from iherb ($40 for free S&H), vitacost or your local health food store: 

* Seagate Olive Leaf Nasal Spray - kills bad bacteria dead in seconds - $9.95 at iherb

* Olba's Therapeutic Inhaler - $4.59 at iherb

4) your Young Living Oils (my friend knows a lot about them). -- She didn't know which ones you have so her suggestions are based on some of the most effective ones for the sinuses (you don't need to buy all of them): 

* eucalyptus oil -- she was really keen on this one -- rub on feet and chest

* eucalyptus oil -- boil water, add sea salt or regular salt, and then add one drop eucalyptus oil. Put a towel over your head and inhale it.

* thieves (which you have) -- put on your feet (but only on your feet) 

* RC -- 3 or four different types of eucalyptus oil -- put in a diffuser

* milla luca (sp?) -- it's one of their tea tree oils -- put in diffuser

5) Paleo diet if possible -- it's basically a meat and greens diet. No grains, dairy, soy, sugar and just a bit of fruit. Stay away from nut milks which have caragen (sp?) in them. -- more in the Mark Sisson - Paleo diet - was on Dr. Oz Show today thread.

Eat two green apples each morning (my friend's suggestion).

Don't go crazy about it, but do the best you can for 3-4 days and see how your body responds to it.

I'm around so feel free to ask more questions. Smiley Happy

Best of luck. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Allergies - how to reduce their impact and make your body healthier - some suggestions:)

[ Edited ]

Firstly it is best you have yourself tested for allergies and it is painless. At least this way you can be somewhat prepared, and know what may trigger an allergic reacton.

The smartest action is to ask your Pulmonologist or Primary Physician and show them the list of items you wish to introduce into your body before using anything new, and especially before using these various items, while taking allergy prescription meds.

You have no idea what the possible allergic reactions or interactions could be between your immune system, and all these new items you are introducing into your body, and interactions or complications which may surface if you take these various items, and still take your prescription medications.

Also I know when I smell Eucalypyus wreaths or oils I have violent reactions, so after having allergy tests I found out I was allergic to it, and now try to avoid it as much as possible.

Allergies can occur at any age and without warning, so it is best to not take unnecessary chances.

With all that occurs today including anaphalaxis shock which is usually caused by an allergic reaction and can be fatal, a person needs to ask their own Medical Advisers their opinions first, regardless if the items are natural or not, because there are always risks in everything we introduce into our bodies.

Best to be safe than_______.

Honored Contributor

Re: Allergies - how to reduce their impact and make your body healthier - some suggestions:)

I really like nasal rinses and use Olbas oil like one might use Vicks Vaporub, but I have issues with Young Living Oils and their representation, especially when it comes to Thieves Oil.

Back in 2014 they got a warning letter from the FDA because their representatives were actually telling people and posting on blogs that Thieves Oil could prevent and cure Ebola. Young Living is a multi-level marketing company with some unethical practices and I don't feel comfortable recommending them to anyone, even though my sister uses them and occasionally sells them.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

Hi @quadmimi, one of the mods decided that the Lessman topic was off topic in the Wen forum... despite the fact that a number of Wenners look for the notification in that forum... which was why I gave an explanation as to why I posted it there. Then, instead of moving it here, she deleted it.  *sigh* Oh well.

I talked to my friend and below are the suggestions we came up with to help you minimize your allergies: 

1) irrigate your sinus passages with the neti pot and add some special Himalayan neti pot slat to the water. -- You've already done this with some positive results.

2) Andrew Lessman -- purchase his Ultimate Friendly Flora today while it is $10 off regular price (for largest size) and you have free S&H. -- I'd recommend that you get either the 90 count size of the 180 count size if you can swing it. -- Either one should give you enough time to see how it works for you. 

Your intestine has a barrier function to keep the body's waste products separated from the rest of your body. If it is inflamed this barrier function doesnt' work as well and bad stuff can get info your system (i.e. leaky gut syndrome). -- Probiotics (friendly flora) help to nurse a weakened/inflamed intestine back to health and full barrier function. 

There is a regular Friendly Flora (half the price but one fifth the quantity). Your body needs the full strength stuff.

3) from iherb ($40 for free S&H), vitacost or your local health food store: 

* Seagate Olive Leaf Nasal Spray - kills bad bacteria dead in seconds - $9.95 at iherb

* Olba's Therapeutic Inhaler - $4.59 at iherb

4) your Young Living Oils (my friend knows a lot about them). -- She didn't know which ones you have so her suggestions are based on some of the most effective ones for the sinuses (you don't need to buy all of them): 

* eucalyptus oil -- she was really keen on this one -- rub on feet and chest

* eucalyptus oil -- boil water, add sea salt or regular salt, and then add one drop eucalyptus oil. Put a towel over your head and inhale it.

* thieves (which you have) -- put on your feet (but only on your feet) 

* RC -- 3 or four different types of eucalyptus oil -- put in a diffuser

* milla luca (sp?) -- it's one of their tea tree oils -- put in diffuser

5) Paleo diet if possible -- it's basically a meat and greens diet. No grains, dairy, soy, sugar and just a bit of fruit. Stay away from nut milks which have caragen (sp?) in them. -- more in the Mark Sisson - Paleo diet - was on Dr. Oz Show today thread.

Eat two green apples each morning (my friend's suggestion).

Don't go crazy about it, but do the best you can for 3-4 days and see how your body responds to it.

I'm around so feel free to ask more questions. Smiley Happy

Best of luck. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Oh thank you SO much Bebe..I do have the Thieves, that is our favoirite...My daughter uses it (and others on the kids feet all the time) I never thought to do it for myself..

Tell your friend thank you also, I am sorry they moved your thread (deleted it), odd you never know what they leave, (well we do) and what they don't...Smiley Sad

Today was a bit better.....Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I really like nasal rinses and use Olbas oil like one might use Vicks Vaporub, but I have issues with Young Living Oils and their representation, especially when it comes to Thieves Oil.

Back in 2014 they got a warning letter from the FDA because their representatives were actually telling people and posting on blogs that Thieves Oil could prevent and cure Ebola. Young Living is a multi-level marketing company with some unethical practices and I don't feel comfortable recommending them to anyone, even though my sister uses them and occasionally sells them.

@ChynnaBlue, thank you for sharing that warning letter to Young Living from the FDA. 

From what I've read over the years, an awful lot of reputable healthy lifestyle companies have gotten warning letters from the FDA. -- In his early days, even Andrew has gotten a few. It's really important for these companies to understand that they can't make medical claims, or even the hint of medical claims, about their products. The good companies seem to have a rapid learning curve about these infractions. 

That said, the claims that Young Living was making (according to the FDA letter) were outrageous and totally out of bounds. Some of there claims have some general science behind them, but still not nearly enough to have made these claims. -- I can't understand what they were thinking because this could have landed them in a whole heck of a lot of trouble. As it was, it looks as though they just got their hands slapped.

A very good friend of mine is a massage therapist. She is extremely knowledgeable and only uses the top oils. She's very intuitive: she goes by feel and vibration as opposed to informational data. She swears by Young Living oils and she also uses them on herself to help with healing. She gets great results. -- Honestly, her seal of approval carries more weight than just about anything else. She's used these oils on me and I've also gotten great results from them. 

So I still think very highly of the effectiveness of Young Living oils... but I have to shake my head and ask what the heck were they thinking when I think about that FDA warning letter. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy