Honored Contributor

All the differences between each COVID-19 vaccine summarized in a simple table

[ Edited ]
Honored Contributor

Re: All th differences between each COVID-29 vaccine summarized in a simple table

35496EB3-37F4-4B4D-9537-36173D241825.png71229138-05B4-4AA4-9A04-7F2F20524375.png

Valued Contributor

Re: All th differences between each COVID-29 vaccine summarized in a simple table

@Mindy D  Thanks so much!

Valued Contributor

Re: All the differences between each COVID-19 vaccine summarized in a simple table

Thank you for this information Mindy.  It was good to know.

Honored Contributor

Re: All the differences between each COVID-19 vaccine summarized in a simple table

[ Edited ]

This is from an interview with Dr. James Lawler that was published in a newspaper after people became concerned about the issue of fetus cells being used in the vaccines:

no aborted tissue and no fetal cells were used in the development or production of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines.

But that’s where things get a little more complicated.

Fetal cell lines were used in some of the testing of the two vaccines, he said. Fetal cell lines, however, are not the same as fetal tissue. Instead, fetal cell lines are descended from cells obtained from elective abortions decades ago. In the case of the two vaccines, the companies used a fetal cell line derived nearly 50 years ago in the Netherlands. The cells, which continue to multiply in labs, now are thousands of generations removed from the original fetal cells.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good to see the summary. Unfortunately, it isn't as though we currently have any choice of vaccines. In my area, and I assume elsewhere, it all boils down to what they have and is pretty much a take it or leave it situation. Upon being contacted, I will accept either the the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, but at only 60% efficacy, the AstraZeneca is possibly not worth the hassle involved in going to get it, and could possibly see me waiting until things open up a bit more.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Good to see the summary. Unfortunately, it isn't as though we currently have any choice of vaccines. In my area, and I assume elsewhere, it all boils down to what they have and is pretty much a take it or leave it situation. Upon being contacted, I will accept either the the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, but at only 60% efficacy, the AstraZeneca is possibly not worth the hassle involved in going to get it, and could possibly see me waiting until things open up a bit more.

Amen @stevieb .  This is basically it in a nutshell. Not just here, but on Nextdoor.com too, I see people discussing the vaccines as if they will get to choose which one they take.  Not gonna happen any time soon.  Back in late January when I had finally succeeded in getting our names on a list for the shot, my DH asked which vaccine it was.  I told him that it was whatever was available when our turn came lol.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags  If we want to choose, it appears our option is to wait still longer... I registered weeks ago and while I keep getting emails that I'm on the list, I still have no date for a shot. When I'm contacted I will ask if they know which vaccine I'll get and assuming it's one of the two more effective I'll go and be jabbed. If not, I'll wait it out until I can have some voice in what they introduce into my system. My large county is moving at a snail's pace. Some of that is due to availability and some of it due to what appears to be bad planning. They've essentially set aside two sites, neither of them proximate to many of the residents and apparently neither of them set up to be remotely accommodating of folks that might have special needs, like my elderly mother, who I will be taking when her turn comes. This has been a fiasco from Day 1. My neighbors, who went to one of the same sites I will go to told me which vaccine they got, assuming I would get the same, but it's clearly not site specific. It is based on availability on the day you show up.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The J&J vaccine is about to be approved and I would like to know more about it.  From what I understand it's a different technology than the Moderna & Pfizer vaccines.

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

The J&J vaccine is about to be approved and I would like to know more about it.  From what I understand it's a different technology than the Moderna & Pfizer vaccines.

Hi @haddon9 .  I'm not saying this like a rude "Google is your friend" response, but if you just google J&J vaccine there is a large amount of information there.  Good luck!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett