Regular Contributor

Re: All th differences between each COVID-29 vaccine summarized in a simple table

Thank you ladies for clarifying the moral implication on these first three vaccines..  I will not use products tested on animals.  And I am supposed to get vaccinated with the two current ones that is tested with these "cells"? 

What difference if the cells are from the 70's or today.   The answer is none.  And J&J uses "cells" for their production (not test), and that is a worse case scenario.

Honored Contributor

Re: All th differences between each COVID-29 vaccine summarized in a simple table

@haddon9 wrote:

The J&J vaccine is about to be approved and I would like to know more about it.  From what I understand it's a different technology than the Moderna & Pfizer vaccines.

@haddon9 , Pfizer and Moderna are MRNA vaccines and J&J is a viral vector vaccine.      

Honored Contributor

Re: All the differences between each COVID-19 vaccine summarized in a simple table

Just fyi, both Pope Francis and Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI have been vaccinated against Covid. 

Contributor

Re: All the differences between each COVID-19 vaccine summarized in a simple table

@tends2dogs   

To answer your question you asked earlier about cells...they come from the kidney (hence the 'ingredient' found in a few vaccines:  HEK-293.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Just fyi, both Pope Francis and Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI have been vaccinated against Covid. 

Thank you @Lipstickdiva for the facts.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Mindy D . I finally found the Moderna vaccine at a nearby Walgreens. My appointment is for Wednesday morning. Also wanted to thank you for all the time you took trying to help me find it. Very much appreciated.Heart

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@haddon9  I was watching a doctor last night on TV.

The J&J vaccine contains a virus where moderna and pfizer do not. 

Contributor

@Tends2dogs   

Yes, sadly.

The argument is that "the material used is from decades ago."   Please read about it, just google: HEK cells in Covid vaccine.   (Two current vax uses for testing; J&J uses for production of theirs).

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D   Thank you for the great information. It helps to see the differences when they're shown side by side.

Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Thank you @Lipstickdiva for the facts.

FACTS?   (from NPR):    @Trinity11   @Lipstickdiva

"If one has the ability to choose a vaccine, Pfizer or Moderna's vaccines should be chosen over Johnson & Johnson's," say Archbishop Joseph F. Naumann of Kansas City, Kan., and Bishop Kevin C. Rhoades of Fort Wayne-South Bend, Ind. Naumann chairs the USCCB's Committee on Pro-Life Activities, and Rhoades chairs the USCCB's Committee on Doctrine.

(The 'Popes' chose the one that was "less" intrusive).