Honored Contributor

All I did, was go in for new glasses.........

[ Edited ]

Now I have to go and visit the ophthalologist and have cataracts removed.  So, I'll go in and have the op check me out and see what needs to be done.

I already looked up this subject that had been discussed before in the forums.  Good info to refer to..  My husband will have his initial doctor visit,  4 days later, so we'll both be getting this done.  Should be interesting.

So here we go with more doctor visits. LOL.  You should see our calendar.

Oh my.

To clarify:  the initial visits for each of us is 4 days apart, not the scheduled surgery.

Trusted Contributor

Re: All I did, was go in for new glasses.........

Well that is why we make our yearly exams.

If both of you are having the surgury I would personally schedule more than 4 days apart.  

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

Well that is why we make our yearly exams.

If both of you are having the surgury I would personally schedule more than 4 days apart.  

The 4 days apart, @mimomof4, is just the initial visit to the doctor, not the surgery iitself. I should have been more clear on that point.

Honored Contributor

it stinks getting old....

C4ADD2FB-05A3-44EA-98C1-E5C8BE7F2350.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

When my husband had his cataracts "done", I was his driver for the procedure and his follow up Doctor visit. 

Please check that 4 days is enough time between your procedures. Between the drops and the adjustment from the surgery, he was not doing much driving in the beginning.

Respected Contributor

I had mine done 1-1/2 years ago.  They will do each of your eyes 2 weeks or more apart.  You will have options as far as the type of lenses they use for the replacements.  I opted for the expensive multi-focal ones, but you can get the standard single focus lenses.....you will just need to wear glasses some of the time.  You'll be surprised how much brighter and more colorful the world is!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Cataract surgery is one of the wonders of our time.  It wasn't all that long ago that blindness and poor eyesight as thought to be just a natural part of being old.  

Honored Contributor

Yeah, someone has to be able to see without the double vision in order to apply the drops in the correct place.

Honored Contributor

Nothing but love for you @qualitygal. Enough already! Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal

You DO know you have a CHOICE, don't you?

You don't HAVE to have it done....

This surgery is MOSTLY optional