Honored Contributor

Re: 😀🌽🌼Alec Baldwin's Radical Nutrition Plan!

It has definitely been a "Plant-tastic" Week!

-) NBC Nightly News piece

-) Alec Baldwin's PCRM video going viral (Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine, Neal Barnard Founder/President)

-) Jon Stewart Farm Sanctuary Angus bull save

Warms the heart to see the tides changing!

🌽🌺🌻🌼🍠❤️

Honored Contributor

Love Alec Baldwin's acting.

He's implosive, but he's hysterical.

He's now married to a yoga instructor who monitors what he eats.  Thus...the new nutrition interest, LOL.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

@Toppers wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Who would take this guy seriously on any level?

Well, according to some of what's being posted here @Love my grandkids, we're all just supposed to listen to anyone and anything that's being posted on the internet, no matter who says it. 

No one has to have any kind of knowledge or education, or any kind of credentials of any kind, in order to give out any kind of medical advice to someone else. 

You are just supposed to blindly follow what anyone else tells you to do. 

Super Contributor

@sgraham30 wrote:

The other thread was closed for posting so now a new one is started? I thought that was against forum rules?

I thought so too.

Trusted Contributor

@sgraham30 wrote:

The other thread was closed for posting so now a new one is started? I thought that was against forum rules?

The TATER queen always has to put in her 2 cents. It's laughable.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Diamonds22 wrote:

@sgraham30 wrote:

I thought so too.

No, this thread was about Alec Baldwin.  No rules broken, calm down.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm

Did you Google & watch the video?  

So, so funny!!

My cycle instructor today (who's a MS, RD), when we were cooling down, was talking about 'refueling' choices.  She mentioned a protein bar. EEPS! I giggled & said I had, in my gym bag, a sweet potato as my meal replacement bar replacement meal.  I think she short-circuited...all the gym people are so programmed w/ their food choices!! I giggled.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Diamonds22 wrote:

@sgraham30 wrote:

I thought so too.

No, this thread was about Alec Baldwin.  No rules broken, calm down.

I can see why people are confused, as it's the same kind of topics on this forum, over and over again.

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Lucky Charm

Did you Google & watch the video?  

So, so funny!!

My cycle instructor today (who's a MS, RD), when we were cooling down, was talking about 'refueling' choices.  She mentioned a protein bar. EEPS! I giggled & said I had, in my gym bag, a sweet potato as my meal replacement bar replacement meal.  I think she short-circuited...all the gym people are so programmed w/ their food choices!! I giggled.

I'm sorry that you have been misinformed about protein bars.

There are some very healthy ones out there, that are low in sugar and have good protein choices in them, for example.

Someone has to know what to look for, when choosing a protein bar.

A sweet potato is not necessarily a good choice for some people to make as a dietary food choice, as they are very high in carbohydrates.

For some people, the amount of carbohydrates in one sweet potato would be past the allowed amount of carbohydrates that they would be allowed to eat in that particular meal. 

It makes me sad to see dieticians once again maligned. 

I'm sorry to see that happen, as they are very highly schooled/educated and trained.

If you don't understand their education and schooling, it would probably be better if you researched it.

Honored Contributor

I think designer food is never as healthy as real food so I thought the video was great.We need to get back to cooking with simple ingredients.