Honored Contributor

Re: Alcohol and breast cancer

I've read similar studies but I doubt that the study said drinking "caused" breast cancer.  I think the study said that drinking increased a person's risk of getting breast cancer.  

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl  You never know what is what when listening to all of the hype. I am not a drinker, never have been, and I survived breast cancer 15 years ago. I believe we can go crazy trying to filter everything out that we hear. I choose to not listen to any of it. God will decide when I go.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

My neighbor next door had four girls (just like me).  She only has one left who comes over every day.  I have never had the nerve to ask her what they died of, and she's never said.  I think it had to be genetic in some way.

I also think the foods we eat and the environment have a lot to do with it.  Like it or not, we live in a toxic world.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Alcohol is not something we need to ingest for health.... like twinkies or  big macs or smoking.  They may give you a moment of happiness, but they are just not good for you. You can say all in moderation.... but then you are really just playing russian roulette with your life aren't you? 

I appreciate knowledge of things that I can do to be as healthy as I can.  I choose to not drink, I choose to exercise and eat only healthy foods  and organic foods more and more.   I chose to quit smoking cold turkey  over 30 years ago when all the info came out about how bad it was for you.  I will do whatever I can to help my body stay as healthy as it can.  

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

My neighbor next door had four girls (just like me).  She only has one left who comes over every day.  I have never had the nerve to ask her what they died of, and she's never said.  I think it had to be genetic in some way.

I also think the foods we eat and the environment have a lot to do with it.  Like it or not, we live in a toxic world.

@LilacTree

ITA .....  and think various studies can contradict each other, and be thrown off by environmental factors ... what's in the air, the soil, the water table, etc.   Example .... it's not cancer, but why does autism show up in children more in New Jersey than any other state?   Go figure.

I think making healthy choices is important, but that doesn't mean that if there's a hereditary factor involved, that eating well will negate it.   It's a huge combination of things, IMO.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@LilacTree

ITA .....  and think various studies can contradict each other, and be thrown off by environmental factors ... what's in the air, the soil, the water table, etc.   Example .... it's not cancer, but why does autism show up in children more in New Jersey than any other state?   Go figure.

I think making healthy choices is important, but that doesn't mean that if there's a hereditary factor involved, that eating well will negate it.   It's a huge combination of things, IMO.

@Tinkrbl44

I don't know if you saw my post that my little grand nephew has recently been diagnosed with autism.  I posted it here about two weeks ago.  He had all of his shots, but I'm on the fence about that being the cause.  His symptoms showed up very early, he is only a year and a half now.  Already in therapy.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@LilacTree

@Tinkrbl44

I don't know if you saw my post that my little grand nephew has recently been diagnosed with autism.  I posted it here about two weeks ago.  He had all of his shots, but I'm on the fence about that being the cause.  His symptoms showed up very early, he is only a year and a half now.  Already in therapy.

@LilacTree

Sorry to hear that!    All medical people insist that vaccinations don't cause it (or wouldn't all of us be autistic?) and people with no medical training seem to insist that's the cause.   Personally, I don't have a theory as to what causes it.

WHY things change for children is a big mystery.  When I was a kid, peanut butter was a staple in our home.  Nowadays, children die from allergic reactions to it!   I wish someone would also explain THAT one!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@LilacTree

@Tinkrbl44

@LilacTree

Sorry to hear that!    All medical people insist that vaccinations don't cause it (or wouldn't all of us be autistic?) and people with no medical training seem to insist that's the cause.   Personally, I don't have a theory as to what causes it.

WHY things change for children is a big mystery.  When I was a kid, peanut butter was a staple in our home.  Nowadays, children die from allergic reactions to it!   I wish someone would also explain THAT one!

@Tinkrbl44

Not necessarily.  Babies get ten times the vaccines we got when we were babies.  Even my middle aged girls got only half of what babies in the last two decades are getting.  There has got to be a reason for this.

I don't get the surety of the medical profession that that many vaccines over a short time in a baby's first six months has no effect . . . yet they still don't know what's causing the epidemic. 

As I said, sad to say, I have no idea . . . but this is something that the medical profession MUST solve.  Growing up I never encountered an autistic child in school.  Now they have classes full of them.  Something changed!!

Formerly Ford1224