Respected Contributor

Re: Akkkkk.....I've got shingles!

Both dh and I got our shingles shot today, our cost was $30 each.
Honored Contributor

On 12/15/2014 Drythe said:

This is a thread from 2011.

I realized that after I commented I really wonder why ppl drag up old posts

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I know, and I suppose someone had gone to a lot of trouble finding it.

The same medications used for shingles hasn't gone far off the (ABOVE) *mark* today than from 2011. Personally, I am still hearing more of the prescription for FAMVIR.

Gather more and more new treatment INFO., out of my everyday (surgical/infectious) knowledge department- from other nurses in ER or ICU.

Thanks for the update Drythe ......of a past date, though~ ...also, my mistake, the (spelling) was written quickly:Valtrex. Usually used with predisone.

_Naes

Esteemed Contributor

..........good grief, sorry again, it's PREDNISONE. I have been told there is a time limit for these posting..., and I usually try not to write a novella. Great for those who love it and have the time, but mine is certainly not any short novel. I try to keep (those short) substance but like I said .............with great thought.............I often lose those long detailed ones.

_Naes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I know. Someone has gone to a lot of trouble finding this
The treatment is about the same. I have found from other professionals, in the treatment of shingles, Famvir is used the most, along with prednisone...also Valtrex.

Honored Contributor

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry for those that have or had shingles. It is a horrible disease.

I would have paid for the vaccine if I had to. My insurance (BCBS of IL) paid for it when I was 50. I got the vaccine 5 years ago. It is supposed to be good for 10 years, DH's insurance (Humana) wouldn't pay for it until he was 60.