Honored Contributor

Re: Aging - Changes That Concern You

@Desertdi 

Don't feel bad --- NO men flirt with me any more!! Woman Sad

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I am eating less and weighing more!!!  

It takes me twice as long to get half as much done.

My hair --- one my pride and joy --- thinning terribly and doesn't even resemble what it once was.

Eyes --- watering, itching, red --- constant problems with them.  This makes me look and feel old.

Arthritis pain in many areas of the body

Lack of energy 

Skin is thin, fragile, dry, and blood bruises if you even look at it

The list could go on and on.........

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Desertdi 

Don't feel bad --- NO men flirt with me any more!! Woman Sad

@AngelPuppy1      I think it's my car "the few" are  admiring...   It's a "cute" sports car they wish THEY had.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Fewer men flirt with me..............

Yes, I have that same problem....LOL.  The men that do are somewhere between 95 and 110.  NO THANKS!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

As you have aged (60 and up) what changes have you noticed that concern you?  Not small but noticeable physical changes i.e. balance and stability issues, overall weakness, fear of falling.  I just turned 66 and I am going through feeling unstable on my feet.  I am afraid of going up and down stairs.  I just feel so unsure of myself.  

@rms1954   What sort of exercises are you doing?  You should be doing strength and balance exercises... Google it.  They are easy to do and make a huge difference. 66 is too young to feel old. 

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Fewer men flirt with me..............

Yes, I have that same problem....LOL.  The men that do are somewhere between 95 and 110.  NO THANKS!!!!!!!

@jubilant    I hear ya!    They are looking for someone to take care of them in their old age..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I already posted here but everytime I see this I think, "there isn't enough room to post all of the changes that @#$% me off about why my brain says go go go and my body says no no no!

Breaking one's back 2 different times doesn't help...add arthritis you can see to the mix.

Esteemed Contributor

@EatWell 

@EatWell wrote:

I fear of getting dementia, and also losing my mental health.   Fortunately, I have no physical health issues.  Except like about 10 pounds overweight.

I think I am getting more forgetful, like turning the oven on, and leaving it on all night.  
Or forgetting to lock the front door if I go out.

Or wearing one blue and one black sock.

My family has a history of mental illness.  One relative spent time in a mental institution before committing suicide.

I have ongoing morbid thoughts,  and am afraid of suddenly dying.  Alone.

Please try to change your thoughts and what you speak.  I understand believe me because at 84, it doesn,t get better, but it helps to think positive even when things don,t always feel that way.  Each day of life is precious.  Not judging, but I hope and pray you can find some positive with yourself. You are a child of God.

Trusted Contributor

Hair in places it doesn't belong.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi 

I'm sure a nice cute sports car does help but I doubt if that's the whole thing!   What kind of cute car did you get???  By the way, I was walking the other day and a very old man sitting on his porch was kind of flirting with me as I walked by --- does that count???  HA-HA!  Yeah, right.....