Respected Contributor

Re: After listening to the news about the CV..........

[ Edited ]

I'm very skeptical about what we're being told about this virus.  China has quarantined several large cities.  This isn't done for typical flu outbreaks.  We aren't being told everything.  In our small town it's impossible to buy masks.  There are probably more deaths than have been reported.  I really doubt this started in a fish market that has been operating in the same way for ages.  No pun intended, but something is very fishy!  

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@SilleeMee @I wonder why they aren’t going to quarantine the Americans brought home from China for two weeks.That doesn’t sound like a good plan.I like Australia’s idea of keeping people separate for two weeks...makes everyone else feel safer.

On "World News Tonight"with David Muir, they said everyone is being quarantined for 14 days.

Esteemed Contributor

The plane full of American evacuees is in Quarantine at March base in San Bernardino for 14 days.

Regular Contributor

I am glad that there is going to be quarantine on anyone entering our country from that area of China, which goes back 14 days ago.  Quarantine will last 2 weeks for anyone ill entering the USA>  Delta has stopped flights.  USA has announced that no one from that area can enter the USA.  This should help a whole lot.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@dex wrote:

@SilleeMee @I wonder why they aren’t going to quarantine the Americans brought home from China for two weeks.That doesn’t sound like a good plan.I like Australia’s idea of keeping people separate for two weeks...makes everyone else feel safer.

On "World News Tonight"with David Muir, they said everyone is being quarantined for 14 days.

Thank goodness.You can read so many conflicting reports online that you don’t know what to believe.

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

I'm very skeptical about what we're being told about this virus.  China has quarantined several large cities.  This isn't done for typical flu outbreaks.  We aren't being told everything.  In our small town it's impossible to buy masks.  There are probably more deaths than have been reported.  I really doubt this started in a fish market that has been operating in the same way for ages.  No pun intended, but something is very fishy!  

I just read online that some Chinese docs believe a person could be reinfected.They didn’t say how long after though...hope that isn’t true.

Trusted Contributor

its scary.. all it takes is 1 or 2 people to bring it here.. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Since I have no underlying immune issues I am not going to wear a mask. 

I don't go out in crowds alot, not because of fear of the flu or this virus, I just don't have the patience to deal with people anymore.  however, if I really want to go somewhere I'm going.

I figure I worshipped the sun for most of my life and I smoked, those things will get me before a virus that is mainly in China, at least for now.

Regular Contributor

They're quarantining them for 2 weeks///NOT waiting two weeks to start the process.

Honored Contributor