Honored Contributor

Re: After holidays I will need a re-boot and a kick in the you know what!

@CherryHugs 

I'm sure that's true, but unfortunately it's not the kind of food I crave! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   You are correct...men have an easier time losing weight due to their testosterone level (weight training will help us increase our muscle mass which will increase our metabolism and definition).  Exercise is a critical part of a health regime, but if you are after weight loss, it is the food you consume. You can't out exercise a bad diet.  Best of health to you in the New Year!

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd 

Than you and I wish the same to you!!! 

Trusted Contributor

You have it in you @AngelPuppy1 to get it off you. 

Trusted Contributor

Health and Fitness Quotes : Motivation Quote Health ...

Honored Contributor

@deb5555 

Thank you for the encouragement -- I appreciate it and I need it!  The gears in my head are whirling and I am trying to get the mindset which is so necessary!  

Honored Contributor

This morning I weighed in at 130 pounds.....MY GOAL WEIGHT! I started on the journey in May 2021...at  about 148 pounds... I pasted the number 130 on my scale. I weighed myself every other day. 

it took 7 months... but I did it!  I used intermittentl fasting that I kind of made up. Basically it just cut my calories way down. I did not exercise other than doing yard work or dog walking,,,.nothing special.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Congratulations on making your goal weight. It's always so satisfying to complete a hard won goal. I think IF is a great way to lose or maintain weight for some people. Everyone is different, but to me, IF has just become my way of eating to maintain weight. 

Again ... Congratulations!!!

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Everything you wrote makes perfect sense.  But I know in my mind I will not comply until after the holidays. So, for me, no use to start until after the holidays.  It will not be a resolution because I hate those things and never stick to them and then feel worse for not having done so!  How true about sugar -- and it is truly my biggest problem!  People say - moderation --- well, I don't seem to be able to handle moderation!  I have to do cold turkey and this is hard!  I lost quite a lot of weight once and I really did not exercise at all but I drastically changed the way I ate, so I know what you're saying.  Thank you for your good advice! 

@AngelPuppy1 , I have never been able to apply moderation when it came to eating sweets. I have Type 1 diabetes so it is especially important that I don't overeat them. In early 2020 I decided to eliminate all desserts, high glycemic fruits and my insatiable desire for salty foods like chips and pretzels. I thought of how I gave up smoking in 1980 and never smoked again. I decided to think of sugary food as being just as harmful and haven't touched any of it since. My weight stabilized and at 5'8 I weigh between 118 and 121 dependent upon what time of the day, I weigh in. I also skip breakfast (intermittent fasting) because I figure why eat if I am not hungry. My only vice left is 🍞 bread but knowing that it also turns to sugar, I need to watch it. Days go by where I do not eat it.

So complete abstinence of sweet desserts and salty chips  has made it a lot easier for me to maintain my weight without actually needing to "diet."

This may not work for you but I thought it helped me so much that perhaps you may wish to try it.💐

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Congrats!  I hope to do the same soon.  I kind of do my own thing, too.  I don't do well on a really structured plan.