Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo 

That's great about your well loss!  Well done and it's hard!  I am going to look into the resistance band.  I am going to doctors constantly for my many health issues. I don't think I am up for another one!  Thank you and good luck! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: After holidays I will need a re-boot and a kick in the you know what!

@SeaMaiden 

What is intermittent fasting?  Does this mean you don't eat at all for day or what?  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

Thank you for your tips.  I can't do a lot of strenuous things either.  I read that eating healthy snacks is good and that I read don't eat snacks at all.  So, I'm not sure what I should be doing.

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs 

Thank you!  I appreciate it! 

Respected Contributor

I had a come to Jesus moment last January where I knew I had to do something about my weight in order to improve my health.  My DH and DD were doing Weight Watchers so I decided to join them.  From February to June I lost 35 pounds and I have managed to keep most of it off.  It wasn't very hard especially since my whole family was doing it.  It really made us accountable for what we were eating.  Weight Watchers did just change their points system and I am not as familiar with their new program but it might be worth checking out.  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

What is intermittent fasting?  Does this mean you don't eat at all for day or what?  Thank you!

@AngelPuppy1 

What Is Intermittent Fasting? Explained in Human Terms

Written by Kris Gunnars, BSc on June 4, 2017 Healthline.com

A phenomenon called intermittent fasting is currently one of the world’s most popular health and fitness trends.

It involves alternating cycles of fasting and eating.

Many studies show that this can cause weight loss, improve metabolic health, protect against disease and perhaps help you live longer (1, 2Trusted Source).

This article explains what intermittent fasting is, and why you should care.

What Is Intermittent Fasting?

Intermittent fasting is an eating pattern where you cycle between periods of eating and fasting.

It does not say anything about which foods to eat, but rather when you should eat them.

There are several different intermittent fasting methods, all of which split the day or week into eating periods and fasting periods.

Most people already “fast” every day, while they sleep. Intermittent fasting can be as simple as extending that fast a little longer.

You can do this by skipping breakfast, eating your first meal at noon and your last meal at 8 pm.

Then you’re technically fasting for 16 hours every day, and restricting your eating to an 8-hour eating window. This is the most popular form of intermittent fasting, known as the 16/8 method.

Despite what you may think, intermittent fasting is actually fairly easy to do. Many people report feeling better and having more energy during a fast.

Hunger is usually not that big of an issue, although it can be a problem in the beginning, while your body is getting used to not eating for extended periods of time.

No food is allowed during the fasting period, but you can drink water, coffee, tea and other non-caloric beverages.

Some forms of intermittent fasting allow small amounts of low-calorie foods during the fasting period.

Taking supplements is generally allowed while fasting, as long as there are no calories in them.

BOTTOM LINE:

Intermittent fasting (or “IF”) is an eating pattern where you cycle between periods of eating and fasting. It is a very popular health and fitness trend, with research to back it up.

Regular Contributor

A lot of great information and personal stories!

Thanks for sharing your contributions everyone. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Weight Loss Jars

Motivational pennies or marbles to keep you motivated during your journey. 

Honored Contributor

I've been eating a LOT of chocolate candy (made with stevia).  That's totally out of character for me but I truly believe that the chocolate is helping me deal with the holidays. I get very depressed during this time of the year so if I gain weight from eating too much chocolate candy...I don't care! I'll deal with it later. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I eat as low carb as I can manage and I eat within a 5 or 6 hour window.  I didn't lose weight quickly but I have kept my weight down for three years now without any problems.  

I'd start an eating plan now, @AngelPuppy1, rather than waiting until January.