Respected Contributor

I just switched over to this from Breo , does anyone feel worse for up to an hour using this. Kind of shakey and breathing a little worse. I had this with breo , which was a little stronger than Advair. i have the 100/50 which is twice a day.  know you have to give it a few days for your body to adjust.

Honored Contributor

Re: Advair for asthma anyone ?

@MW in Iowa    I use the Advair spray inhaler 230/20, two sprays twice a day and wish it went up higher.  I have COPD (my emphysema is at Stage 3 Severe) so I can use all the help I can get.  I also use Incruse Ellipta  which is only once a day   I had problems with Spiriva as it was no longer helping me.  I have no problems with Advair.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@MW in Iowa 

I thought that it sounded familiar, I had to google and see that purple disc. Yes, several years ago I was on this and it actually made my Asthma worse. I was on it for no longer  than a week due to the side effects that I was experiencing. I spoke to my doctor about it and she promptly changed my prescription. 

I currently use Alvesco 80 mcg. twice a day.

Respected Contributor

Thanks i know everyone is different , i am new to taking any medications , i am 63 and never anything until 6 months ago , and my body doesn't like it one bit.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to use advair. I didn't have any side effects at all. It was an effective medication to prevent asthma episodes.

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I used to use advair. I didn't have any side effects at all. It was an effective medication to prevent asthma episodes.

Did your asthma end , or did you discover a better solution ?

Respected Contributor

I almost died from advair. It messed my heart up, and the phymasist non-celantly told me but it will return to normal.Scarey aay ?

Honored Contributor

I know we all have different reactions.  That is what makes us all individuals.  I have heard of it causing palpitations, PVCs and even atrial fibrillation-flutter.  It did make me sort of sick in the beginning and gave me the shakes and felt weak.  After a while, that all went away but I kept getting sinus infections which led to worse asthma and my pulmonologist changed me to Anoro.  After 3 years on that, he has felt I was a failure and now I am on Trelegy.

Esteemed Contributor

@MW in Iowa My asthma greatly improved and I needed less preventive medication. I still keep albuterol for any emergencies or bad experiences, but.....frankly, when I moved into my current house ,,(a newer house), it greatly improved.

Honored Contributor

DH used Advair for a couple of years and then quit. It would make him weak and shaky and he would have to sit down. Didn’t replace it with anything. He is doing fine without anything, just paces himself.